stage 9 predictions

claggy

Jun 7, 2003
strange stage this one it could go many ways. if i were beloki or mayo id attack early on and try and split the race apart or at least get their teams to set a high pace and eliminate some of lances team mates.
however there will be alot of tired legs after yesterday and i dont think the sprinters would take too kindly to the race being blown apart at the start.
is it bastile day today aswell if so the french are going to be going all out to win so it might favour someone like rous , chavenal , vogondy or halgand.

the lauteret is a fairly gentle climb but after yesterday it will no doubt be quite hard . dont know about the izoard ive only ever seen them coming up the other side. i drove down it a few years back and it didnt look too bad (its also the only climb ive ever seen with a cycle lane).
the climbs towards the end are supposed to be difficult so there could be a small group fighting it out towards the end.

ok ill go for david millar

Originally posted by claggy
strange stage this one it could go many ways. if i were beloki or mayo id attack early on and try and split the race apart or at least get their teams to set a high pace and eliminate some of lances team mates.

i dont think they'll attack personally,maybe their teams will lead the race along with Us Postal.

Originally posted by Tour de Lance
i dont think they'll attack personally,maybe their teams will lead the race along with Us Postal.

Yep I agree, attacking early on would blow any chance for a good overall place!

its all calmed down a bit now but jaksche and moncoutie are in the break although moncoutie is a bit behind now. brad mcgee is up there though and looking good. there arent many posties left though. moncoutie has got back on by the top of the lauteret.

actually theres more posties in there than i thought they must have been back to get drinks. i think zabel is in the main peleton so its not too fast. the break is 3 mins up.

Wow, nice race!! It is unfortunate about the Beloki fall. I am hoping he is okay. Armstrong /may/ have caught VINO had he not gone off road to avoid the wreck..

-

i agree with that it was an excellent stage. but it was a great sgame for beloki he has looked good in the last few days. armstrong was lucky not to get brought down but schumacher esq in finding a good way out of trouble. was hamilton trying to give him a push , and with his broken collarbone ?

millar went on the wrong climb imo ,shame he was looking good for the win.

P.s.: I think it would be an amazing feat if Tyler Hamilton makes it to a podium place this year. 1st 2nd or 3rd would make him even more of an inspiration to everyone! :eek:

Originally posted by i2ambler
P.s.: I think it would be an amazing feat if Tyler Hamilton makes it to a podium place this year. 1st 2nd or 3rd would make him even more of an inspiration to everyone! :eek:

or he might even win , you never know