Stage 9 TDF - Tuesday, July 17: Val-d’Isère - Briançon, 159.5km

Yeah. Moreau has battled his way back to the leaders.

The descent is going to be crazy.

It's painful watching the pelotan knowing that people are already on the descent.

Given theres two team discovery riders ahead, i'd say unless Soler still has alot of surprises in them, Discovery has the best chance.

Vino will catch the other contenders. He's not that far back.

Ligget and cyclingnews are giving completely different info on how far back Vino is.

Damnit Evans!! Pick up a small child or somethign to increase your intertia as you descend and catch those bastards!!

Bro Deal said:

Ligget and cyclingnews are giving completely different info on how far back Vino is.
i d say about a minute on the group yellow. What i m also wondering is where Menchov is though.

Bro Deal said:

According to the tour website Vino is behind the yellow jersey group by a minute or so

Evans is giving up and falling back to jersey group :( Its a slippery slope from there

Trajectum said:
i d say about a minute on the group yellow. What i m also wondering is where Menchov is though.
Now cyclingnews is saying almost two minutes. Just recently they were claiming less than twenty seconds. I think cycling news just screwed the pooch on this.

Visually it looks like Vino is way back. Two minutes will be the end of Vino.

Soler does not look like he descends as well as Contador.

According to Phil:

Disco lads 1.40 behind the Columbian.
Evans 0.28 behind Disco boys.
Chicken and friends a minute back from Evans.

Brief analysis:
Menchov seems gone - Rabo should back the chicken
Good to see Klodi riding his own race - he must be a threat for GC now
Contador a class above the others - even the Chicken
Evans very tough - and well done for going after Contador, and when not able to stay for going alone

Latest commentary - Evans has sat up as not catching Disco quick enough. Why sit up? Why not put time into Ras? Who cares if you are not catching Disco? Let them have their day in the sun!

Bro Deal said:
Now cyclingnews is saying almost two minutes. Just recently they were claiming less than twenty seconds. I think cycling news just screwed the pooch on this.

Visually it looks like Vino is way back. Two minutes will be the end of Vino.

Soler does not look like he descends as well as Contador.
If Discovery catch Soler he wont have a chance at the sprint.

Andrew76 said:
Latest commentary - Evans has sat up as not catching Disco quick enough. Why sit up? Why not put time into Ras? Who cares if you are not catching Disco? Let them have their day in the sun!
My thoughts precisely

Cadel back with the Chicken now.

He should pick up Kash, Gerdemann, and maybe Valverde (on the GC).

Contador should pick up all of those riders though....what a star!

Andrew76 said:
Contador a class above the others - even the Chicken
He should move into second place on GC. He probably takes the lead after the time trial.

I can't wait to see him in the Pyrenees.

Andrew76 said:
He definitely should not sit up. Even twenty seconds may be valuable.

Soler should win this. A just win.

Kloden should take over for Astana after today.

Heh. With the split in the chase group the race looks like the end of a classic.

Raz and Valverde gaining time!!