Stages pm on both road and mtb bikes?

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by Pmxbass, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Pmxbass

Pmxbass New Member

Hey guys, I'd like to find out if I can switch a Shimano Hollowtech Stages power meter between a road bike and a mountain bike. I assume the threads will be identical since both the 105 and the XT cranks are Hollowtech. I do realise that the Q-factor will be different on the two cranks.

I only want to buy one power meter to fit both bikes. If I get a 105 one will it fit my dual suspension MTB or will the left arm hit the chain stays? If I buy an XT power meter, I assume it should fit the 105 cranks with my left foot being slightly outwards due to the bigger Q-factor.

Has anyone ever done this? Does anyone use a MTB Stages on his road bike or vice-versa? Any advice will be more than welcome

Tags:

2. Power Meter City

Hi Pmxbass. You have it pretty well stated. It would theoretically fit, but the Q factors would be all of the place. Like you said, a road arm likely wouldn't clear the chain stay on your MTB. I wouldn't recommend it and have honestly never seen anyone pull this off. I would power up the bike you ride the most first. If you're 50/50 across both bikes...then the decision gets a bit more difficult :)

3. pharma

pharma New Member

A Health Gainer is a Pharmascience - the Indian Ayurveda product. It is basically a weight work additive product which generally comes in a powder form which contains calories in bulk. It is full of proteins, fats and carbohydrates which gives your body an ultimate improvement and a muscular growth.

This is the best weight gainer in the market with the weight gain guarantee. Health Gainer Powder gives you the guaranteed of weight gain up to 5 kg in just a one month. But you have to consume at least one bottle in a month which is of 200gm. This is the best weight gainer and mass gainer product which contains lots of calories and bountiful of proteins and very delicious in taste.
    For More Visit

……………………………………………………………………..

Weight Gainer

4. peterparker

peterparker New Member

I don't know about this

5. trailgumby

trailgumby New Member

I bought used power meters for both road and MTB to manage cost. I don't think the power meter is as useful for measuring training stress score on the MTB - a lot of the time you are pumping the terrain with the cranks in the attack position and using your upper body more, which the PM can't capture. I consistently get a higher hrTSS than power TSS on the MTB.

Unfortunately it's a bit academic now - I destroyed my Quarq S2275 PM having a clipstack (falling over clipped in at low speed) on my Scalpel 29r at the Mont 24hr earlier this year and wiped out the battery compartment on a rock. :(

Still got the Power2Max on the roadie though. Very reliable. :)