Standing up for what's right

Bill C

Guest
I get to actually applaud a local sports team as human beings today
too.

http://tinyurl.com/2vtcmf

Sox win standoff with MLB
By Rob Bradford and Michael Silverman
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - Updated 0m ago

FORT MYERS - Opening Day will take place after all.

Threatening to boycott their trip to Japan because their coaches
wouldn't be receiving the same kind of appearance fee as the players,
the Red Sox [team stats] convinced Major League Baseball this
afternoon to relent and compensate all personnel in an appropriate
fashion.

When asked if the team got what it wanted, Sox pitcher Curt Schilling
[stats] responded in a text message, "Yes."

Hopefully cyclists will realize that THEY are the product and take a
stand. Like, I think, Sandy said they're gonna have to find some
leaders, and some really good PR people, but I think they are in a
good position right now, by already, working with the French and ASO.
They could force a new, and reasonable balance if they decide to take
the risk.
The other rumor is that the Red Sox ownership was going to pay it out
of their own pocket if needed. Smart because it would preserve the
trip with it's huge financial upside, and make the playes and coaches
feel goodabout the organization, at a fairly reasonable, by pro
sports, cost.
Bill C

On Mar 19, 8:54 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> Maybe your wife is different from mine, but in the case of infidelity, I
> am sure STDs would not kill me as fast as . . . other factors.
>
> By which I mean her brother, former semi-pro hockey player.
>
> I love you, honey!

You call your brother-in-law 'honey'...? Ew. Hockey players can't
run - it's a well documented fact based on limited observation that I
just made up. So go ahead, have a Spitzer spritzer and keep the
running shoes (or cleats) on.

RicodJour wrote:
> You call your brother-in-law 'honey'...? Ew. Hockey players can't run -
> it's a well documented fact based on limited observation that I just made
> up. So go ahead, have a Spitzer spritzer and keep the running shoes (or
> cleats) on.

At least Ryan is good at mounting and dismounting, its just the mounted
performance where he's a bit lacking

On Mar 20, 2:25 pm, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> >> Maybe your wife is different from mine, but in the case of infidelity, I
> >> am sure STDs would not kill me as fast as . . . other factors.

> >> By which I mean her brother, former semi-pro hockey player.

> >> I love you, honey!

> RicodJour wrote:
> > You call your brother-in-law 'honey'...?  Ew.  Hockey players can't run -
> > it's a well documented fact based on limited observation that I just made
> > up.  So go ahead, have a Spitzer spritzer and keep the running shoes (or
> > cleats) on.

> At least Ryan is good at mounting and dismounting, its just the mounted
> performance where he's a bit lacking

He should work on is sprint if too much time in the saddle is not
working.

In article
<248a1e5e-12f6-487c-b4a0-138f41b10cc2@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:

> > RicodJour wrote:
> > > You call your brother-in-law 'honey'...?  Ew.  Hockey players can't run -
> > > it's a well documented fact based on limited observation that I just made
> > > up.  So go ahead, have a Spitzer spritzer and keep the running shoes (or
> > > cleats) on.

> > At least Ryan is good at mounting and dismounting, its just the mounted
> > performance where he's a bit lacking

> He should work on is sprint if too much time in the saddle is not
> working.

You people are perverts. I should have known better. This is the last
time I'm mentioning my cyclocross technique here.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> You people are perverts. I should have known better. This is the last time
> I'm mentioning my cyclocross technique here.

But if you're quick on the dismount and you sprint well h**2 will really
fancy you.