Stans goop?

OldNickToo

Jan 25, 2006
Firstly, any more stories about it? I have read many. It seems a 50/50 proposition so far.

Secondly, you can buy the _goop_ cheaply, but then the "tubeless strap" costs a fortune! $25 US or so, plus post plus conversions. It looks like half a tube.

I was wondering if simply stripping a standard tube in half, then laying it around the rim, using the standard Schraeder valve, would work just as well!!!! Anyone tried it?

Actually, that is a way to do it. Buy a 20inch bmx tube, and muscle it on to your 26inch rim. Then inflate the 20inch tube just a bit, so it is nice and round, and stretched. After this, take a pair of scissors and cut along the circumference of the inflated tube. This will produce a nice a big area now, that actually seals to your tire instead of sealing your rim too. I also think this way is easier, since you don't have to get the bead seated (I think).

anways, I suck at explaining so here-

http://www.nsmb.com/gear/tubeless_12_04.php

hmmm..I went to their site, and it's "under construction" But Dean Woods has a couple if their wheels. They are not that cheap either :-<..

I have to admit that the latex idea seems to get mixed success, but then so do tubeless tyres, chains, brakes etc etca,dn $20 worth of latex and a 20" inner tube is a heap less than $300! <G>