Star gazing and Dirt riding??

Scribe2b

Guest
these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt and as a manifestation of
dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space. how many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc

Yep nother one here Trek + 8" newt

col.

"Scribe2b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt
and
> as a manifestation of dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space.
how
> many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc

>Yep nother one here Trek + 8" newt

nice combo. 10" Dobbie and yo eddy here jc

[email protected] (Scribe2b) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt and as a manifestation of
> dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space. how many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc

C8, 8x56 binocs, and a broken Astroscan project. Klein Palomino Race for the dirt (New toy!). Last
night was clear in Salida, CO (dark skies, 7000ft MSL). My son and I got some good looks at Saturn
and Jupiter. Io's (?) shadow was visible on Jupiter's face, very cool. The moon was rising and a
high overcast developed just when I started going after DS stuff. Tonight should be clear though.
Looks like the snow from the last few days has melted (enough) on the trails east of town, so I'll
be on the new bike too. For one more "Get in touch with nature" obsession to ruin you check out
http://soar.boulder.co.us/News/2002/Camp_Salida/ssb_news_salida_2002.htm

Clear Skies, Shawn

"Scribe2b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt and as a manifestation of
> dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space. how many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc

I've seen my share of "stars," in broad daylight even, don't know if that makes me an astro-ween.

--
Slacker

Shawn wrote:
> [email protected] (Scribe2b) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt and as a manifestation
>> of dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space. how many astronomy weenies are also
>> here/ jc

we've got a nice 110mm scope that we rarely use. ;-(

Penny

Scribe2b <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt
and
> as a manifestation of dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space.
how
> many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc

I'm not an astronomy weenie, but I do like to look at the stars, and have seen several UFO's.

Shaun aRe not kidding.

> Scribe2b <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt
> and
> > as a manifestation of dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space.
> how
> > many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc
>
> I'm not an astronomy weenie, but I do like to look at the stars, and have seen several UFO's.
>
> Shaun aRe not kidding.

Yeah, but are there rings around Uranus?
--
Slacker

Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Scribe2b <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride
dirt
> > and
> > > as a manifestation of dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep
space.
> > how
> > > many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc
> >
> > I'm not an astronomy weenie, but I do like to look at the stars, and
have
> > seen several UFO's.
> >
> > Shaun aRe not kidding.
>

> Yeah, but are there rings around Uranus?

I always wash after a dump.

Shaun aRe - keep them Klingons outa orbit dude.

> > Yeah, but are there rings around Uranus?
>
> I always wash after a dump.
>
> Shaun aRe - keep them Klingons outa orbit dude.

Huh, and I always thought Rimmer was your sirname (I guess only if your middlename is "the"...)

-will -- been gone for months and a.m-b is right where I left!

do you have the "H" on your forehead Rimmer? :)

news:[email protected]...

On 20 Feb 2003 18:16:18 GMT, [email protected] (Scribe2b) wrote:

>these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt and as a manifestation of
>dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space. how many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc
Scopes & bikes:
Several of each.

10-90x90 binocs 3 60 mm f/10 ach. 3" newt ETX 90 Orion 104 mak
4.5" deep sky newt. 8" DS newt

My main ride, GT backwoods, carries me & my 104 mm mak nicely.

Right now I'm working on a trailer to tow a 16" with my bike. It's
gonna need a 10 hp motor, and I'll have to widen all my trails by 3 or
4 feet, but Mr. Rocco needs as little light pollution as possible.
--

Daev.

El Barista <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > Yeah, but are there rings around Uranus?
> >
> > I always wash after a dump.
> >
> > Shaun aRe - keep them Klingons outa orbit dude.
>
> Huh, and I always thought Rimmer was your sirname (I guess only if your middlename is "the"...)

Buggroff WIll ya bloody absenteeist, it is my surname.

> -will -- been gone for months and a.m-b is right where I left!

Welcome back!

Shaun aRe

[email protected] (Scribe2b) wrote in news:[email protected]:

> these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt and as a manifestation of
> dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space.

I try not to do both at the same time.

> how many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc

I look at the big dipper on night rides and try to equate the angle of the dip to my back garden. I
look at the rotational angle of the constellation in respect to the month I am in. Sometimes I hold
my hand up to the sky and hide the constellations imagining what could be on the worlds I block out,
then wonder where I am as I have not been taking notice and then wonder if someone/thing does the
same to our constellation and could they have seen my headlight. Then I wonder if we are just some
tiny bits on some tiny particle in for instance a fingernail molecule on some gigantic giant being -
maybe god and if he/she picks his/her nose would we be wiped out.. Then I get a grip and realise we
are not much compared to what may be out there. Ouch Kent "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in