Star gazing and Dirt riding??

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Scribe2b, Feb 20, 2003.

  1. Scribe2b

    Scribe2b Guest

    these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt and as a manifestation of
    dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space. how many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc

    Tags:

  2. Col

    Col Guest

    Yep nother one here Trek + 8" newt

    col.

    "Scribe2b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt
    and
    > as a manifestation of dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space.
    how
    > many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc

  3. Scribe2b

    Scribe2b Guest

    >Yep nother one here Trek + 8" newt

    nice combo. 10" Dobbie and yo eddy here jc

  4. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    [email protected] (Scribe2b) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt and as a manifestation of
    > dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space. how many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc

    C8, 8x56 binocs, and a broken Astroscan project. Klein Palomino Race for the dirt (New toy!). Last
    night was clear in Salida, CO (dark skies, 7000ft MSL). My son and I got some good looks at Saturn
    and Jupiter. Io's (?) shadow was visible on Jupiter's face, very cool. The moon was rising and a
    high overcast developed just when I started going after DS stuff. Tonight should be clear though.
    Looks like the snow from the last few days has melted (enough) on the trails east of town, so I'll
    be on the new bike too. For one more "Get in touch with nature" obsession to ruin you check out
    http://soar.boulder.co.us/News/2002/Camp_Salida/ssb_news_salida_2002.htm

    Clear Skies, Shawn

  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Scribe2b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt and as a manifestation of
    > dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space. how many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc

    I've seen my share of "stars," in broad daylight even, don't know if that makes me an astro-ween.

    --
    Slacker

  6. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Shawn wrote:
    > [email protected] (Scribe2b) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt and as a manifestation
    >> of dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space. how many astronomy weenies are also
    >> here/ jc

    we've got a nice 110mm scope that we rarely use. ;-(

    Penny

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Scribe2b <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt
    and
    > as a manifestation of dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space.
    how
    > many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc

    I'm not an astronomy weenie, but I do like to look at the stars, and have seen several UFO's.

    Shaun aRe not kidding.

  8. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Scribe2b <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt
    > and
    > > as a manifestation of dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space.
    > how
    > > many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc
    >
    > I'm not an astronomy weenie, but I do like to look at the stars, and have seen several UFO's.
    >
    > Shaun aRe not kidding.

    Yeah, but are there rings around Uranus?
    --
    Slacker

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > Scribe2b <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride
    dirt
    > > and
    > > > as a manifestation of dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep
    space.
    > > how
    > > > many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc
    > >
    > > I'm not an astronomy weenie, but I do like to look at the stars, and
    have
    > > seen several UFO's.
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe not kidding.
    >

    > Yeah, but are there rings around Uranus?

    I always wash after a dump.

    Shaun aRe - keep them Klingons outa orbit dude.

  10. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
    a Klingonless Rimmer:eek: :D

    An here i was thinking you had no morals:rolleyes: :D

  11. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    roKeMS <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > a Klingonless Rimmer:eek: :D
    >
    > An here i was thinking you had no morals:rolleyes: :D

    Nah - I have no morels, 'cos they all got fly maggot rot.....

    Shaun aRe - 'A very good bloke'.

  12. El Barista

    El Barista Guest

    > > Yeah, but are there rings around Uranus?
    >
    > I always wash after a dump.
    >
    > Shaun aRe - keep them Klingons outa orbit dude.

    Huh, and I always thought Rimmer was your sirname (I guess only if your middlename is "the"...)

    -will -- been gone for months and a.m-b is right where I left!

  13. Col

    Col Guest

    do you have the "H" on your forehead Rimmer? :)

    Col "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Scribe2b <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride
    dirt
    > and
    > > as a manifestation of dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep
    space.
    > how
    > > many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc
    >
    > I'm not an astronomy weenie, but I do like to look at the stars, and have seen several UFO's.
    >

    > Shaun aRe not kidding.

  14. Daev

    Daev Guest

    On 20 Feb 2003 18:16:18 GMT, [email protected] (Scribe2b) wrote:

    >these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt and as a manifestation of
    >dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space. how many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc
    Scopes & bikes:
    Several of each.

    10-90x90 binocs 3 60 mm f/10 ach. 3" newt ETX 90 Orion 104 mak
    4.5" deep sky newt. 8" DS newt

    My main ride, GT backwoods, carries me & my 104 mm mak nicely.

    Right now I'm working on a trailer to tow a 16" with my bike. It's
    gonna need a 10 hp motor, and I'll have to widen all my trails by 3 or
    4 feet, but Mr. Rocco needs as little light pollution as possible.
    --

    Daev.

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    El Barista <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > > Yeah, but are there rings around Uranus?
    > >
    > > I always wash after a dump.
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe - keep them Klingons outa orbit dude.
    >
    > Huh, and I always thought Rimmer was your sirname (I guess only if your middlename is "the"...)

    Buggroff WIll ya bloody absenteeist, it is my surname.

    > -will -- been gone for months and a.m-b is right where I left!

    Welcome back!

    Shaun aRe

  16. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Col <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > do you have the "H" on your forehead Rimmer? :)

    No - unfortunately for the large masses at large, I am all too real.

    Shaun aRe - And just as much of an arsehole in person as I am in here...

  17. Mr. E. Mann

    Mr. E. Mann Guest

    [email protected] (Scribe2b) wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > these seem to me to be twins of a smiliar obsession. i love to ride dirt and as a manifestation of
    > dirt and star stuff, i love to look into deep space.

    I try not to do both at the same time.

    > how many astronomy weenies are also here/ jc

  18. Kent

    Kent Guest

    I look at the big dipper on night rides and try to equate the angle of the dip to my back garden. I
    look at the rotational angle of the constellation in respect to the month I am in. Sometimes I hold
    my hand up to the sky and hide the constellations imagining what could be on the worlds I block out,
    then wonder where I am as I have not been taking notice and then wonder if someone/thing does the
    same to our constellation and could they have seen my headlight. Then I wonder if we are just some
    tiny bits on some tiny particle in for instance a fingernail molecule on some gigantic giant being -
    maybe god and if he/she picks his/her nose would we be wiped out.. Then I get a grip and realise we
    are not much compared to what may be out there. Ouch Kent "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in