AtlantisArms

Nov 12, 2004
StarWars III: trailer release

http://www.atlantisarms.com/StarWars.html

Just found all this. Nice. Enjoy.
www.atlantisarms.com

Lucas: 'Episode III' 'a tearjerker'
'We like to describe it as "Titanic" in space'
Friday, March 18, 2005 Posted: 9:09 AM EST (1409 GMT) Friday, March 18, 2005 Posted: 9:09 AM EST (1409 GMT)

LAS VEGAS, Nevada (AP) -- Two decades ago, George Lucas pulled off the mask to reveal the face of one of cinema's greatest bad guys. Now, he's about to slip the mask back on.
Lucas offered a preview Thursday of his final "Star Wars" chapter, which spells out the last dark steps the once goodhearted young Anakin Skywalker takes to become the villain Darth Vader.

"It's not like the old 'Star Wars,' " Lucas told theater owners at the ShoWest convention. "This one's a little bit more emotional. We like to describe it as 'Titanic' in space. It's a tearjerker."

Opening May 19, "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" brings full circle the mammoth sci-fi saga Lucas began in 1977 with the original "Star Wars," which shattered box-office records and remains one of the top-grossing movies ever.

Reaction was mixed on "Episode I -- The Phantom Menace" and "Episode II -- Attack of the Clones," many fans grousing that the first one was too much a kiddie flick and the second one too sappy a love story. Calling the latest movie a Faustian tragedy, Lucas said he is unconcerned about whether "Revenge of the Sith" draws more barbs from "Star Wars" fans.

"I feel that I've made the movie the best I can and it turned out the way I wanted it to be, so I'm happy," Lucas, 60, told The Associated Press in an interview. "I never try to anticipate what the world's going to think or even worry about whether they're going to like it or not. That's not my job, to make people like my movies. They either like them or they don't. That's completely out of my hands."

The intensity of the action and themes in "Revenge of the Sith" probably will earn it a PG-13 rating, Lucas said. The first five "Star Wars" movies all were rated PG.

Lucas' entry at ShoWest was preceded by a parade of 21 "Star Wars" stormtroopers in white armor, followed by an actor dressed as Darth Vader.

Along with the trailer, Lucas showed the opening minutes of "Revenge of the Sith," featuring the familiar "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." catch phrase followed by the franchise's rousing introductory music.

The film immediately launches into a space battle elaborate even by "Star Wars" standards as Anakin (Hayden Christensen) and his Jedi knight master, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor), lead a mission to rescue the kidnapped Palpatine, chancellor of the Republic.

The trailer sets up the rest of the scenario, with the suspicious Jedi council assigning Anakin to spy on Palpatine after his rescue, while the chancellor -- the future evil Emperor of the original trilogy -- plots to seduce the young knight to the dark side of the Force.

"It's very dangerous putting them together," warns Jedi master Mace Windu (Samuel L. Jackson). "I don't think the boy can handle it."

Everyone who has seen the original "Star Wars" knows Mace is right. That film opens in a dark, oppressive age a couple of decades after the action of "Revenge of the Sith," when Vader and the Emperor have conquered the cosmos, stamped out democratic rule and are hunting down the vestiges of a freedom-fighting rebellion.

"Star Wars," "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" recount the rise of Anakin's farmboy son, Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), who teams with his newfound sister Leia (Carrie Fisher) and brash smuggler Han Solo (Harrison Ford) to take down the Empire and ultimately redeem Vader, bringing him back to the side of the good guys.

Amid the climax of 1983's "Return of the Jedi," Luke takes off Vader's black mask so father and son can see each other face to face in the elder Skywalker's dying moments.

Luke and Leia's characters will appear as infants in "Revenge of the Sith."

The trailer screened Thursday showed what fans have been waiting for since Lucas began the story of Anakin's journey from good toward evil in "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones." Namely, Anakin in the guise of Vader: Black cloak, mask and helmet, an outfit rigged with life-support devices for Skywalker, whose battle wounds have left him part flesh, part machine.

Lucas knows many fans wanted the prequel trilogy to introduce Vader early on rather than trace Anakin's downfall from nice little boy to bratty teen to dark knight of the galaxy. "Revenge of the Sith" presents Anakin in Vader's black get-up only at the very end of the movie, Lucas said.

"Obviously, fans would love to see a movie about Darth Vader running around killing people," said Lucas, who also was on hand to receive a "galactic-achievement award" from ShoWest organizers. "I'm not telling that story, and I'm not interested in that. That's not what the movie is.

"This first trilogy is really about the father, the struggles of a father, or a man, basically, to find himself, and at the same time fall into a trap of wanting certain powers, making a pact with the devil and basically spending the rest of his life regretting it."

http://www.atlantisarms.com/
A Glock Resource, Store, and Showcase of Individual Modificaitons

Sorry, I don't like movies by directors who 'sell out' their franchise for a few extra {million} dollars...

Explain to me, how can prequels have better technology than the 'original' ones... George Lucas has killed the Star Wars movies. He should have just stayed with the first three. Sometimes one should just let the story stand and not try to explain everything....

Especially since it first aired during the 'O.C', sure, it's trying to appeal to the crazy youngins', have some respect for your film and let the hard work for the film pay off. Don't let some crazy show sell your product. Let the flames begin!!

Have a great weekend everyone, I hope you ride lots!!!!!

The first Star Wars seemed great at the time. But now it seems a bit boring.

Looking forward to the next Star Wars movie.

A tad bummed Enterprize got cancled. Though it started out lame.

Babalon 5 is probably my favorite SCI FI.

The attack of the clones movie totally lost me. Here are these people capable of figguring out how to clone an army, but they can't figgure out militarty tactics any better than to have the two armies run at each other firing weapons, just like WWI. How 1918 of them.

If you play computer games or have an Xbox - and especially if you have some familiarity with rpg games - Knights Of The Old Republic is a much better telling of a Star Wars story than either of the last two Star Wars movies. Maybe better than all five of them. The characters are more interesting, the little stories within the story or more compelling, and since its a role playing game, it's more immersive than than watching a movie on the coach.

Back to the actual topic of the post - I want to know as little as possible about the movie before I see it this May.

EL34 said:
If you play computer games or have an Xbox - and especially if you have some familiarity with rpg games - Knights Of The Old Republic is a much better telling of a Star Wars story than either of the last two Star Wars movies. Maybe better than all five of them. The characters are more interesting, the little stories within the story or more compelling, and since its a role playing game, it's more immersive than than watching a movie on the coach.

Back to the actual topic of the post - I want to know as little as possible about the movie before I see it this May.
Good point--frankly, every Star Wars novel, arcade game, comic book, cartoon, graphic novel, flash-movie short, action figure, Happy Meal toy and film trailer released since Return of the Jedi has done a better job of putting fans back in that space than the new trilogy pieces have.

As a child of the 70s, I'll always hold Lucas and Star Wars close to my heart. For that reason, I'm looking forward to Episode III... that said, the Episodes I and II were (it pains me to say it, every time) truly awful pieces of movie-making and the odds aren't great for III. I'll go, I'll buy a ticket, and maybe even the DVD someday, but I'll always compartmentalize the new films away in my mind from every thing I knew about Star Wars before they came out.

Ahh, the sweet disappearence of our heroes...

I must admit, the Ep III trailer looks pretty damn cool.

Episode 1 and 2 were horrible movies. I actually liked (well, kinda thought it was OK) Ep. II but I bought it on DVD and man does that movie stink. Obi Wan Kenobi as **** Tracy? Protecting the dame and solving crime, COME ON! they're jedi for chrissakes.

Jar Jar gave me nightmares for months. Episode 1 was horrible.

And to the guy above who reocmmended Knights of the Old Republic video game man you're totally correct. That game really felt cinematic and the charachters felt real. Way, WAY better than Ep 1 or 2.