Starship versus Foco

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Chris Duroy, Apr 14, 2003.

  1. Chris Duroy

    Chris Duroy Guest

    Today I was informed that I had won a raffle from a local frame builder in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area
    (Atherton). I sent him $20.00 last week to help out with his BMX team, and I ended up winning the
    raffle. The prize is a new frame! I have my choice of one of his stock Columbus Starship frames with
    carbon rear end or a custom Foco frame. I have a Legend Ti right now. I race some in the cat 3s, so
    I can't decide whether to keep the Legend Ti as my race bike and have the foco frame built up for
    me, or save the Legend for the nicer riding and get the aluminum bike and build it up as my race
    bike. Your thoughts are certainly appreciated.

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Chris DuRoy
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Today I was informed that I had won a raffle from a local frame builder in the Dallas-Ft. Worth
    >area (Atherton). I sent him $20.00 last week to help out with his BMX team, and I ended up winning
    >the raffle. The prize is a new frame! I have my choice of one of his stock Columbus Starship frames
    >with carbon rear end or a custom Foco frame. I have a Legend Ti right now. I race some in the cat
    >3s, so I can't decide whether to keep the Legend Ti as my race bike and have the foco frame built
    >up for me, or save the Legend for the nicer riding and get the aluminum bike and build it up as my
    >race bike. Your thoughts are certainly appreciated.

    If it were me, I would take the steel bike if I wanted to keep it a while, and I'd take the aluminum
    glue job if I thought I'd get a new frame next year (ie, so what the hell).

    You might also ask him if he can make a lighter aluminum bike with a welded aluminum rear triangle.
    Personally I wouldn't tolerate increased weight to get a carbon rear end; many are a little heavier.

    --Paul