Start new frame construction Company

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jean Andre Vall, Apr 30, 2003.

  1. Hi everyone Could someone send me the website links for frame jigs and supporting equipment?
    Recumbent as well as touring uprights? prefer steel because I have years of experience of welding
    on tubing with mig some with tig. I would like to spend my remaining few years on this earth
    designing and riding what I would like ride not what's just out there. Of course selling a few
    would be nice also.
    ---
    Jean Andre Vallery PO Box 1761 Sarasota, Florida 34232 [email protected] www.2453.net
    www.bicyclemessenger.com www.suncoastsundowncriterium.org 941-378-4403
    ----------------

    Tags:

  2. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    "Jean Andre Vallery" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi everyone Could someone send me the website links for frame jigs and supporting equipment?
    > Recumbent as well as touring uprights? prefer steel because I have years of experience of welding
    > on tubing with mig some with tig. I would like to spend my remaining few years on this earth
    > designing and riding what I would like ride not what's just out there. Of course selling a few
    > would be nice also.

    A good place to start is Tim Paterek's site: http://home.pacifier.com/~tpaterek/ I don't know if
    there's an "off-the-shelf" jig for recumbents. There's so many different designs that it's hard to
    imagine something that fit them all.

    few recumbent builders there- perhaps you can get some bette advice there.

    Jeff

  3. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    "Jean Andre Vallery" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi everyone Could someone send me the website links for frame jigs and supporting equipment?
    [...] This is a good place to start:

    http://www.henryjames.com/home.html

    But once you leave conventional bikes, you may end up with more in common with home airplane
    builders. You may need to go to their sources for tubes and such. A place like:

    http://www.aircraftspruce.com/index.php

    has tubing:

    http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/mepages/4130tubing_ov1.php

    johnriley1 (at) rogers.com