Startac 4400 recumbent bike

Sandy Morton

Guest
Does anyone have any practical knowledge of this machine? I've tried google without much success.

--
A T (Sandy) Morton on the Bicycle Island In the Global Village http://www.millport.net

Sandy Morton wrote:

> Does anyone have any practical knowledge of this machine? I've tried google without much success.

Never heard of 'em. Have you got any more details?

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

In article <[email protected]>, Dave
Larrington <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Does anyone have any practical knowledge of this machine? I've tried google without much
> > success.

> Never heard of 'em. Have you got any more details?

Nope. They are in an auction tomorrow and that's all it says. They are listed along with gym and
fitness equipment.

sweeney-kincaid are the auctioneers.

--

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:18:47 +0000, Sandy Morton wrote:

> Does anyone have any practical knowledge of this machine? I've tried google without much success.

Mebbe try 'star trac 4400'.

Google reckons this is probably a recumbent excercise bike and seems to have plenty of info on them.

anonymous coward wrote:

> Mebbe try 'star trac 4400'.

Well spotted, that coward. Note to self: remember difference between "start" and "spart"...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Sandy Morton wrote:

> Nope. They are in an auction tomorrow and that's all it says. They are listed along with gym and
> fitness equipment.
>
> sweeney-kincaid are the auctioneers.

Ah. Sounds like it might be:

1. a recumbent /exercise/ bike, and
2. a mispring

Googling for "Spartan exercise bike" gets a couple of thousand hits...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:49:32 +0000, anonymous coward
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:18:47 +0000, Sandy Morton wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any practical knowledge of this machine? I've tried google without much success.
>
> Mebbe try 'star trac 4400'.
>
> Google reckons this is probably a recumbent excercise bike and seems to have plenty of info
> on them.

While googling for startac 4400 gets you more ringtone sites than you can shake a microwave
antenna at.

Colin
--

In article <[email protected]>, Sandy Morton
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Does anyone have any practical knowledge of this machine? I've tried google without much success.

Thanks to those who replied and were all correct. It was indeed an instrument of torture.

The sale was most interesting - they had SEVEN pairs of bib shorts for auction. If you required
office furniture or exercise machines they were almost being given away. Most bike spares went above
what I wanted to pay and the price of helmets was ridiculous. New or newish bikes were of a
different quality from the ones I use but one young lad was highly delighted when he bought a
mountain bike - sorry I didn't get the name or type - for £1,000 plus 10% commission plus
17.5% vat. I did get a very good UPS for a fiver so it was worth going!

Did anyone else from this ng attend and suffer the cold as much as I did - I was the old git at the
front with the walking stick who was prepared to pay a fiver for almost anything :)

--
A T (Sandy) Morton on the Bicycle Island In the Global Village http://www.millport.net

[email protected] schreef ...
> In article <[email protected]>, Sandy Morton <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Does anyone have any practical knowledge of this machine? I've tried google without much
> > success.
>
> Thanks to those who replied and were all correct. It was indeed an instrument of torture.

More on (who could have guessed?): http://www.startrac.com/. This company also makes the original
Johnny G. Spinner bikes if that's of any interest to you.

--
Regards, Marten