Started a Melbourne CBD job- with no shower :(

bigh-aus

Nov 21, 2009
Hey all,
I started a new job this week that I really enjoy, its only 3 days a week at the moment, but its great. The only problem is that there is no shower available at my work (in Latrobe St between queen and Elisabeth.

My Commute is >20k i've got an electric bike, which would be good to reduce sweat to a point where shower is not required, but I'm wondering what other solutions I have? Are there public showers? or places around there that I can shower cheaply or freely?

I'm going to hit up the different floors of the building to see if any of those have a shower, but its unlikely.

Take Care,
Haydon

Hmm, they don't seem to list their membership rates anywhere ........

would you use any of the other facilities? Like the pool, or the gym?

Might be worth calling them up and asking what club membership costs.

If there is a main reception, or security guy, ask if there are any floors with showers...then I'd approach those companies and see if they will let you use their shower. It's worth a shot, cause the only other options I can think of are public showers (do they exist?) or join a nearby gym and use their showers.

parawolf said:

This is a great idea IMHO. I've been looking to start something similar for a while now. I've seen this works successfully elsewhere - although I think there's other services that could be added to increase the commercial value of this and appeal to cyclists more broadly...(my secret for now:().

VadarStrikesBack said:
That is ridiculous. Having a mangina must be a prerequisite for membership.

I thought the screaming pink showed a prerequisite for fudge packing than requiring a mangina. Are those big stainless steel butt-plugs inbetween the two sinks?

What the f' are those 'lodgings' - fancy place to stash the bike and your gear?