started HST today

Dave K

Guest
That was brutal, I need to get a bigger water bottle. At least I found
my 15-rep maxes today and won't have to tire myself out with all that
guess-and-check again.

One big surprise - I could only lift 5 pound dumbells in a lateral
raise with good form. I'm going to have to go to the desk and ask for
the pink dumbells. :)

But the whole cycle/SD thing seems pretty cool, and I got my nerdy
little notepad with me and my Excel spreadsheet on the computer.

(HST as described at
http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html )

Dave

"Dave K" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> That was brutal, I need to get a bigger water bottle. At least I found
> my 15-rep maxes today and won't have to tire myself out with all that
> guess-and-check again.
>
> One big surprise - I could only lift 5 pound dumbells in a lateral
> raise with good form. I'm going to have to go to the desk and ask for
> the pink dumbells. :)
>
> But the whole cycle/SD thing seems pretty cool, and I got my nerdy
> little notepad with me and my Excel spreadsheet on the computer.
>
> (HST as described at
> http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html )
>
> Dave

Have you tried something similar before? What was your training like before
this? Split, heavy volume?

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 15:14:52 GMT, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Dave K" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> That was brutal, I need to get a bigger water bottle. At least I found
>> my 15-rep maxes today and won't have to tire myself out with all that
>> guess-and-check again.
>>
>> One big surprise - I could only lift 5 pound dumbells in a lateral
>> raise with good form. I'm going to have to go to the desk and ask for
>> the pink dumbells. :)
>>
>> But the whole cycle/SD thing seems pretty cool, and I got my nerdy
>> little notepad with me and my Excel spreadsheet on the computer.
>>
>> (HST as described at
>> http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html )
>>
>> Dave

>Have you tried something similar before? What was your training like before
>this? Split, heavy volume?

It was on-and-off, usually not a split routine, and never heavy
volume. Most recently, it was 3x week, 2-3 sets per exercise, 4-5
exercises, going to failure every set, and only loosely keeping track
of the weight (which plateaud). Whereas the HSTroutine I'm organizing
is 1-2 sets per exercise, 12 exercises.

7 months should give time for 4 complete cycles and show
apples-and-apples as far as how much i can lift and whether I
plateaud. So if I stick with it and remember in 7 months, I'll do
that.

Anyone else doing HST?

Dave