Starting a local TT

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tomq, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Tomq

    Tomq Guest

    Any sites someone can send me to help starting a local TT? Need info on anything pertaining to how
    to orgainize, timing it. Know a little from watching but still relatively a newbie to it. Reply to
    email address or to google. Thanks. Tom

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Tomq" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Any sites someone can send me to help starting a local TT? Need info on anything pertaining to how
    > to orgainize, timing it. Know a little from watching but still relatively a newbie to it. Reply to
    > email address or to google. Thanks. Tom

    Tom, go to a local racing club for advice. There is a whole lot more to putting on a big TT than
    what you could find on a website in Kiokuck.

    On the other hand, if you start small with a local club you can learn how to run a TT without all of
    the complications of learning everything at once.

    Really, for a TT all you need is a course that's easy to follow and a group of people who
    want to race.

    One of our guys came up with a really cool way to run a TT. We only had about a dozen and a half
    entries so we all started at once with the understanding that no one was allowed to draft. The
    starter then only had to start his watch and then walk across the street and take down the times as
    we all came in within 10 minutes of start to finish.

    Later we added another feature - you had to guess your time and the guy closest to the correct time
    was the winner. You couldn't have a watch or a computer on your bike. That worked out pretty
    interesting. Once the slowest person hit her time dead on and another time the fastest guy zero'd
    it. The interesting thing about this was that it kept people from trying to ride to someone else's
    speed instead of their own.