Starting an on-line business/website

Flashsteve

Guest
He

I am planning on setting up a web-site, primarily aimed at a specific bike advocacy 'niche'. I also
would like to be able to sell a few related items from the website.

My problem is that I am not real web-savvy (I do not presently have the skills to build my own
website). I have seen some on-line consulting businesses that promise to essentially build a turnkey
web-based business for a relatively small charge (I think one of them is called IBiz). Since I am on
a limited budget, and this will be a very small venture, I do not want to invest a lot in it ($2000
to $5000). Can anyway give me a lead on a consulting service that creates a turnkey business or
maybe a newsgroup that discusses such things or any other resource?

Thanks in advance,

Steve Scarich

If your starting selling in a small way most web hosts now provide "shopping cart" sites which allow
you to run a commercial site using their pre-defined set of templates to display your stock on your
pages and accept payments online, and leaves them worry about server security etc.

If you are currently using a host for a web site try their pages, or do a search on Google or
Dogpile using "shopping carts" or similar phrases.

The main problem I found when I used to set up commercial sites, is that to accept online card
payments you have to have "merchant status" and the % or flat fees charged for this are so high as
to preclude most people wanting to start up small. peter

"FlashSteve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> He
>
> cut...
I also would like to be able to sell a few related items
> from the website.

cut.... Can anyway give me a lead on a consulting service that