starting out distance

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Tony, Apr 19, 2006.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    One of my "A" races is in 4 weeks, it is an Olympic distance. I really want
    to get a PR, plus my entire extended family is traveling quite far to see me
    race. I thought it would be a good idea to knock some of the dust off by
    entering a shorter distance Tri this weekend.

    The problem I am having is that both Tri's this weekend are shorter then the
    Olympic, and I don't know which one to pick. Should I race in the:

    International (1000m/18M/4M)
    or should I enter the Sprint at (500m/9M/2M)?

    Should I go with a race that is 2/3rd or 1/3rd the Distance of the race
    that is really important to me? What would you guys do? I need your
    expertise. Thanks for your help.

    --

    Best,

    Tony

    Tags:

  2. Rookie

    Rookie Guest

    Tony wrote:
    > One of my "A" races is in 4 weeks, it is an Olympic distance. I really want
    > to get a PR, plus my entire extended family is traveling quite far to see me
    > race. I thought it would be a good idea to knock some of the dust off by
    > entering a shorter distance Tri this weekend.
    >
    > The problem I am having is that both Tri's this weekend are shorter then the
    > Olympic, and I don't know which one to pick. Should I race in the:
    >
    > International (1000m/18M/4M)
    > or should I enter the Sprint at (500m/9M/2M)?
    >
    > Should I go with a race that is 2/3rd or 1/3rd the Distance of the race
    > that is really important to me? What would you guys do? I need your
    > expertise. Thanks for your help.

    I'd go for the longer one. A week's plenty of time to recover from
    that distance.

  3. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Take the one that is most convienient. use it only for a drill and do not
    race it except in transition. Compete only at 70%. Your placing is not
    important.

    Ken

    news:[email protected]