starting out

Fat Bastard

Guest
I been reading about fitness and weight loss and want to start exercising.
I'm thinking about jogging and some light free weights to burn fat and build
muscles. I don't really have more than half and hour a day so I was thing I
might start jogging a few miles each morning with those velcro weights on my
ankles and wrists. Right now I'm six feet, 42 years old and 236 lbs but not
too flabby as I had a big frame. I want to get undo 200 to get out of the
red on the bmi chart. I've got good shoes and a soccer field nearby. Any
thoughts on how to ease in to this routine? Oh yeah, I'm not a total potatoe
as I coach hockey and did a lot of skating over the winter.

FB

Fat ******* wrote:

> I been reading about fitness and weight loss and want to start exercising.
> I'm thinking about jogging and some light free weights to burn fat and build
> muscles. I don't really have more than half and hour a day so I was thing I
> might start jogging a few miles each morning with those velcro weights on my
> ankles and wrists. Right now I'm six feet, 42 years old and 236 lbs but not
> too flabby as I had a big frame. I want to get undo 200 to get out of the
> red on the bmi chart. I've got good shoes and a soccer field nearby. Any
> thoughts on how to ease in to this routine? Oh yeah, I'm not a total potatoe
> as I coach hockey and did a lot of skating over the winter.
>
> FB

Start with some light jogging, don't even bother with velcro weights.
Use heavy weights. Heavy enough for you to do 3 sets of 8 reps and feel it.

Forget ankle and wrist weights, they are useless and will injure you.
To start out jog as much as you can until you are out of breath, then
walk until you catch it, repeat. You'll soon find yourself running more
and walking less.
Weights: buy a set of free weights, use the program that comes with it,
but skip the leg excercises. Do a full weight WO every other day.

u can have $5,000.00 bucks in tool and you can't get things to work over
a 10¢ part. let alone fine the fricking part....... butt Noooooooooo
with no job for over 2½ years or a paycheck you has to come up with in
genius ways to make things work.
in short............
why do god and engineers who make $5,000.00 bucks an hour.....come up
with things so they can not befit.s with out the 10¢ part.
I well tell you why, because you all are a bunch of cheap ass selfish
s.o.b who well put the blame on a person who has no f ing job........A
***** whole.

Fine: I well fix the frocking bikes.......

Hell hockey man u all
are so frocking hard ass on all your taught million dollar hockey sports
playing. Why don't you get out of your s.u.v. from your soccer field
and get one of your some call free be persons to get your coffee and
donuts and ***** that your to fat and can't run because some one like me
don't have a frocking job to buy a 10¢ part.........
Hell you got shoes and play hockey all winter. take one of your
millions and buy some frocking weights. there couch great who wants to
run now from his new s.u.v. to moms soccer field fat sir....and for god
sack....lose some weight.........
like the board who raise the teachers $ 2 years ago who now fires the
Teachers because lack of $ now and says I don't pay them $ and I din;'t
get no job .....
I think I just went cross eyes baffles.......
oh yes I bet they don't get denied in unemployment.and lets not forget
the hmo......... mister I two fat nd only got 30 minutes to run at the
soccer field.........surd..........
first off ass whipoe my biks was trash before they were used for the
past 2 years......and they still keep ticking from a scoeer mommie
dadies like you.and to think evan 1 of you a whips would evan give a
rats ass be on your own has to slide off your velvet seat.and get on a
lawn that is takeing care off too. so you can go to micky D after your
30 minute run again is be on my under standing.......
I know because you has to pay taxs.......
and feed your family.......
well guest what.........
baffel I went cross eye again..........

"True Grit" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Forget ankle and wrist weights, they are useless and will injure you.
> To start out jog as much as you can until you are out of breath, then
> walk until you catch it, repeat. You'll soon find yourself running more
> and walking less.
> Weights: buy a set of free weights, use the program that comes with it,
> but skip the leg excercises. Do a full weight WO every other day.

This whole "use the program that comes with it" is so bizzarely stupid I
can't even figure out where it's coming from. What are you thinking? Do you
know and approve of every program that comes with every weight kit? WTF?

To the OP: The most important thing is what no one's said yet: eat less.

Hugh

--
Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will attend no other.

Hugh Beyer wrote:
> "True Grit" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> Forget ankle and wrist weights, they are useless and will injure you.
>> To start out jog as much as you can until you are out of breath, then
>> walk until you catch it, repeat. You'll soon find yourself running
>> more and walking less.
>> Weights: buy a set of free weights, use the program that comes with
>> it, but skip the leg excercises. Do a full weight WO every other day.
>>

> This whole "use the program that comes with it" is so bizzarely
> stupid I can't even figure out where it's coming from. What are you
> thinking? Do you know and approve of every program that comes with
> every weight kit? WTF?
>
> To the OP: The most important thing is what no one's said yet: eat
> less.
>
> Hugh

I miss the days where BS advice like this was always challenged...
--
-Larry

"Geezer From The Freezer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Start with some light jogging, don't even bother with velcro weights.
> Use heavy weights. Heavy enough for you to do 3 sets of 8 reps and feel

it.

I want to foucs on the jogging or fast walking cause that should be the
fastest way to lose weight. Swimming might be better but not with wieghts. I
like the idea of the velcro wieghts cause it should help burn more calories
faster. Anyone tired this, how much wieght did you use? Like is said i only
have about a hlaf hour a day so a wieght regime and jogging seems like too
much.

"Awa Tagoo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

You are a very strange man.

>Hell you got shoes and play hockey all winter. take one of your
>millions and buy some frocking weights. there couch great who wants to
>run now from his new s.u.v. to moms soccer field fat sir....and for god

I don't play hockey, I coach for free so I don't have millions and I don't
have an SUV (just an old volvo wagon) and we dont play soccer.

>sack....lose some weight.........

I'm not that heavy just a bit out of shape.

>........ mister I two fat nd only got 30 minutes to run at the

I only have a half hour cause I have to commute to my job as a bus driver
which just barely pays the bill a keeps me out of shape. That why i'm here
looking for ideas I can use in a half hour a day.

Just my 10 cents.

FB

> To the OP: The most important thing is what no one's said yet: eat less.
>
> Hugh

I don't eat much. I might get too many calories from beer but at least it
has antioxidants. I try to eat a lot of salads and fish, but that is really
hard when I drive bus for a living.

FB

"Fat *******" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> To the OP: The most important thing is what no one's said yet: eat less.
>>
>> Hugh
>>

> I don't eat much. I might get too many calories from beer but at least it
> has antioxidants. I try to eat a lot of salads and fish, but that is
> really
> hard when I drive bus for a living.

beer has antioxidants? whatever good it MIGHT be doing you the alcohol is
bad for you. period. you're in a rush to lose weight; drop the beer. drink
water.

Fat ******* wrote:
>>To the OP: The most important thing is what no one's said yet: eat less.
>>

> I don't eat much.

Wanna bet? Try recording it, use www.fitday.com. Don't forget to
include the beer. You may be surprised.

Neil

the ankle/wrist weights do not significantly increase the calorie burn.

Consider if you add a total of 4pounds of weights, you increase you
total mass by only 2%. Running instead of walking will be more
important.

And running those weights cause the balance of your legs and arms to
change. Will it directly injure you, may be not. But it may cause you
to have a poor running form which can lead to injuries long term.

The goal for exercise to burn calories is to get the heart rate higher
than normal.

SO lose the jogging weights and just run/walk, increasing the run
portion over time.

I don't really do weights, so I won't suggest what you need for those
other than more reps is better than more weight per rep. (unless you
want to do body building.)

just go out and enjoy the run.

ed

Neil Gendzwill wrote:
> Fat ******* wrote:
>
>>> To the OP: The most important thing is what no one's said yet: eat less.
>>>

>> I don't eat much.

> Wanna bet? Try recording it, use www.fitday.com. Don't forget to
> include the beer. You may be surprised.

Following up my own post - I used fitday to enter a typical person's
meals, starting with a breakfast of a glass of milk, two fried eggs and
toast with margarine, then a lunch of cheeseburger, fries and a medium
coke. At that point I stopped, because I'd already exceeded my base
metabolic rate of around 1850 calories/day - this without supper,
dessert, snacks, alcohol or even any bacon with my eggs. Fitday can be
a bit of a slap in the face - try it.

Neil

Just ignore the trolls. They must be getting paid by the word, which
might explain why they just keep posting more and more.

Ed

"Ed Prochak" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> the ankle/wrist weights do not significantly increase the calorie burn.
>
> Consider if you add a total of 4pounds of weights, you increase you
> total mass by only 2%. Running instead of walking will be more
> important.
>
> And running those weights cause the balance of your legs and arms to
> change. Will it directly injure you, may be not. But it may cause you
> to have a poor running form which can lead to injuries long term.
>
> The goal for exercise to burn calories is to get the heart rate higher
> than normal.
>
> SO lose the jogging weights and just run/walk, increasing the run
> portion over time.
>
> I don't really do weights, so I won't suggest what you need for those
> other than more reps is better than more weight per rep. (unless you
> want to do body building.)

You would have done better to stop sooner.

Hugh

--
Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will attend no other.

"Fat *******" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>> To the OP: The most important thing is what no one's said yet: eat
>> less.
>>
>> Hugh
>>

> I don't eat much. I might get too many calories from beer but at least
> it
> has antioxidants. I try to eat a lot of salads and fish, but that is
> really hard when I drive bus for a living.
>
> FB

Dude. You're fat, you're out of shape, you're fixing to injure yourself,
and you're arguing with the people who are trying to help you.

If you're fat YOU ARE EATING TOO MUCH.

If you're overweight RUNNING WITH ANKLE WEIGHTS IS STUPID.

If you want to keep the muscles you do have WEIGHTLIFTING HEAVY IS GOOD.

Hugh

--
Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will attend no other.

"Hugh Beyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Fat *******" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>>> To the OP: The most important thing is what no one's said yet: eat
>>> less.
>>>
>>> Hugh
>>>

>> I don't eat much. I might get too many calories from beer but at least
>> it
>> has antioxidants. I try to eat a lot of salads and fish, but that is
>> really hard when I drive bus for a living.
>>
>> FB
>>

> Dude. You're fat, you're out of shape, you're fixing to injure yourself,
> and you're arguing with the people who are trying to help you.
>
> If you're fat YOU ARE EATING TOO MUCH.
>
> If you're overweight RUNNING WITH ANKLE WEIGHTS IS STUPID.
>
> If you want to keep the muscles you do have WEIGHTLIFTING HEAVY IS GOOD.

go heavy or or go home.

> Hugh
>

> --
> Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will attend no other.

<snip>

What a load of ****.

--
Jerry

"Rosie Ruiz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> what's your rush? did you put the weight on overnight? are you planning on
> getting in shape and comitting suicide? you've got the rest of your life

> lose weight. do it right. the more responsibly you take the weight off the
> better platform you'll be building for a healthy lifestyle. i think if you
> focus on the running you'll improve quicker and you won't end up with

aching
> elbows from carrying stuff while you run/walk. a half hour is perfect to
> start out. run for 30 seconds walk for 30 seconds repeat for 30 minutes.

No big rush really but my doctor thinks I might have a heart mummer or
prolapse or something like that so the sooner I take the wieght off the
better off I'll be.

It looks like everyone thinks I shouldn't use the velcro wiedghts, are they
good for anything?

news:[email protected]...

Troll? Isnt that from a fairy tail? So a troll is someone who writes ****?