starting out

"Rosie Ruiz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> beer has antioxidants?

Yup, in small quantites beer is good for you. Small is the hard part.

whatever good it MIGHT be doing you the alcohol is
> bad for you. period. you're in a rush to lose weight; drop the beer. drink
> water.

Alcohol is good for you too, in small quantities. Luckily I drive a bus for
a living so I don;t really drink that much.

> > FB

news:[email protected]...

a pant load of ****.

Jehosophat wrote:
> "Jerry" <jabeach@DONT_SPAM_ME_citlink.net> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Ed Prochak wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> I don't really do weights, so I won't suggest what you need for
>>> those other than more reps is better than more weight per rep.
>>> (unless you want to do body building.)

>> What a load of ****.
>>

> a pant load of ****.
>

>> --
>> Jerry

A *huge* pant load of ****. Why do these people offer advice about
something they know nothing about?
--
-Larry

"Sürf McBrowse" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:7JA7e.20973

> No big rush really but my doctor thinks I might have a heart mummer or
> prolapse or something like that so the sooner I take the wieght off the
> better off I'll be.
>
> It looks like everyone thinks I shouldn't use the velcro wiedghts, are

they
> good for anything?

Are you using velro wieghts too? Do you use them with running and if so how
much and how often?

FB

"Sürf McBrowse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Alcohol is good for you too, in small quantities. Luckily I drive a bus

for
> a living so I don;t really drink that much.

All right, so you use velcro wieght and drive a bus to?

"Larry Hodges" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jehosophat wrote:
>> "Jerry" <jabeach@DONT_SPAM_ME_citlink.net> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Ed Prochak wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> What a load of ****.
>>>

>> a pant load of ****.
>>

>>> --
>>> Jerry

> A *huge* pant load of ****. Why do these people offer advice about
> something they know nothing about?

now, now, to be fair i was just jumping in on the scatalogical bandwagon. i
dont agree with the "weight" advice that was given but it is pretty much
what is preached by the mainstream...the rest of Ed's advice was ok
though...and he did preface it with saying he didnt know much about it...

> --
> -Larry

"Hugh Beyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Fat *******" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>

> If you're fat YOU ARE EATING TOO MUCH.

I dont eat too much I'm just not get enough exercise. Theres a difference.

> If you're overweight RUNNING WITH ANKLE WEIGHTS IS STUPID.

Why? Like I said it should burn more calories which is the whole point.And
I'm jogging on a soccer pitch. I know for a fact a lot of athletes use
wieght when then excercise. What about soldiers who march with full packs
all day and night?

> If you want to keep the muscles you do have WEIGHTLIFTING HEAVY IS GOOD.
>
> Hugh

Yes but I don't have the time yet.

FB

"Ed Prochak" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> the ankle/wrist weights do not significantly increase the calorie burn.
>
> Consider if you add a total of 4pounds of weights, you increase you
> total mass by only 2%. Running instead of walking will be more
> important.

Yeah but this is "daed weight'. The wiehgt arn't muscles so its like they
wiegh more.

> And running those weights cause the balance of your legs and arms to
> change. Will it directly injure you, may be not. But it may cause you
> to have a poor running form which can lead to injuries long term.

I've got good balance for someone my size and I jog on soft ground - I tried
it last night and I'm only a bit sore.

> The goal for exercise to burn calories is to get the heart rate higher
> than normal.

Exactly

> SO lose the jogging weights and just run/walk, increasing the run
> portion over time.

I only have halkf and hour a day.

> just go out and enjoy the run.

Thanks:
FB

"Hugh Beyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Ed Prochak" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > the ankle/wrist weights do not significantly increase the calorie burn.
> >
> > Consider if you add a total of 4pounds of weights, you increase you
> > total mass by only 2%. Running instead of walking will be more
> > important.
> >
> > And running those weights cause the balance of your legs and arms to
> > change. Will it directly injure you, may be not. But it may cause you
> > to have a poor running form which can lead to injuries long term.
> >
> > The goal for exercise to burn calories is to get the heart rate higher
> > than normal.
> >
> > SO lose the jogging weights and just run/walk, increasing the run
> > portion over time.
> >
> > I don't really do weights, so I won't suggest what you need for those
> > other than more reps is better than more weight per rep. (unless you
> > want to do body building.)
> >

> You would have done better to stop sooner.
>
> Hugh

So half an hour is too much?

FB

"Sürf McBrowse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Rosie Ruiz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>

>> beer has antioxidants?

> Yup, in small quantites beer is good for you. Small is the hard part.

i love beer but i'm not kidding myself

> whatever good it MIGHT be doing you the alcohol is
>> bad for you. period. you're in a rush to lose weight; drop the beer.
>> drink
>> water.

> Alcohol is good for you too, in small quantities. Luckily I drive a bus
> for
> a living so I don;t really drink that much.

no. it's not. cite a study that says it is. dont tell me about red
wine...the goodness is in the grapes. you get the same benefit from grape
juice.

>> > FB

"Fat *******" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Hugh Beyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "Ed Prochak" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:
>>
>> > the ankle/wrist weights do not significantly increase the calorie

burn.

>> > Consider if you add a total of 4pounds of weights, you increase you
>> > total mass by only 2%. Running instead of walking will be more
>> > important.
>> >
>> > And running those weights cause the balance of your legs and arms to
>> > change. Will it directly injure you, may be not. But it may cause you
>> > to have a poor running form which can lead to injuries long term.
>> >
>> > The goal for exercise to burn calories is to get the heart rate

higher
>> > than normal.
>> >
>> > SO lose the jogging weights and just run/walk, increasing the run
>> > portion over time.
>> >
>> > I don't really do weights, so I won't suggest what you need for those
>> > other than more reps is better than more weight per rep. (unless you
>> > want to do body building.)
>> >

>> You would have done better to stop sooner.
>>
>> Hugh
>>

> So half an hour is too much?
>
> FB

Har. May I suggest suicide? It's simpler.

Hugh

--
Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will attend no other.

On 2005-04-14, Fat ******* <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Ed Prochak" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> the ankle/wrist weights do not significantly increase the calorie burn.
>>
>> Consider if you add a total of 4pounds of weights, you increase you
>> total mass by only 2%. Running instead of walking will be more
>> important.

> Yeah but this is "daed weight'. The wiehgt arn't muscles so its like they
> wiegh more.

You've already got enough dead weight. And you're already slow, inefficient,
and injury prone enough.

>> And running those weights cause the balance of your legs and arms to
>> change. Will it directly injure you, may be not. But it may cause you
>> to have a poor running form which can lead to injuries long term.

> I've got good balance for someone my size and I jog on soft ground - I tried
> it last night and I'm only a bit sore.

That's a non-sequiter. Good balance or not, using the weights isn't a good
strategy.

>> The goal for exercise to burn calories is to get the heart rate higher
>> than normal.
>>

> Exactly

So if you're finding it too easy, speed up until your heart rate increases. No
hand weights required. I don't think you'll need to run that fast for it to
happen.

>> SO lose the jogging weights and just run/walk, increasing the run
>> portion over time.

> I only have halkf and hour a day.

You're not getting it. When you start, you alternate 30 seconds run with 30
rest. Do that for half an hour. As your fitness improves, you can do 40
running to 20 walking, etc.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

On 2005-04-14, Fat ******* <[email protected]> wrote:

>> If you're fat YOU ARE EATING TOO MUCH.

> I dont eat too much I'm just not get enough exercise. Theres a difference.
>
>> If you're overweight RUNNING WITH ANKLE WEIGHTS IS STUPID.

> Why? Like I said it should burn more calories which is the whole point.And

You can burn more calories by increasing the pace.

> I'm jogging on a soccer pitch. I know for a fact a lot of athletes use
> wieght when then excercise.

Never heard of a good distance runner do this. The athletes who do this
probably aren't very bright.

> What about soldiers who march with full packs
> all day and night?

Those guys have high injury rates. And they're not fatasses.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

"Donovan Rebbechi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 2005-04-14, Fat ******* <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Why? Like I said it should burn more calories which is the whole

point.And

> You can burn more calories by increasing the pace.

I can're increase the pace until I get shape which is why I need to increase
the effort.

> > I'm jogging on a soccer pitch. I know for a fact a lot of athletes use
> > wieght when then excercise.

> Never heard of a good distance runner do this. The athletes who do this
> probably aren't very bright.

Well I have met a few on misc.free.wieghts who use wieghts and are not very
bright.

> > What about soldiers who march with full packs
> > all day and night?

> Those guys have high injury rates. And they're not fatasses.

Well being in the army and being out on a soccer for half and hour are
different. I can stop when I want before I get injured.

FB

> Har. May I suggest suicide? It's simpler.
>
> Hugh

Thats insensitive.
Micheal Jackson

"Donovan Rebbechi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On 2005-04-14, Fat ******* <[email protected]> wrote:

> > I've got good balance for someone my size and I jog on soft ground - I tried
> > it last night and I'm only a bit sore.

> That's a non-sequiter. Good balance or not, using the weights isn't a good
> strategy.

That would be 'non-sequitur'. Us bus drivers get to read the comics every day :eek:)

> You're not getting it. When you start, you alternate 30 seconds run with 30
> rest. Do that for half an hour. As your fitness improves, you can do 40
> running to 20 walking, etc.

So when will I find time to do wieghts then. Can I lose 36 lbs just by running half and hour a day? How long will this take if I don;t change anything else? How about running in boots instead to add weight? Maybe if I wet my tack suit before I go out!

FB

Fat ******* wrote:

> "Donovan Rebbechi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>On 2005-04-14, Fat ******* <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>Why? Like I said it should burn more calories which is the whole

> point.And
>
>>You can burn more calories by increasing the pace.

> I can're increase the pace until I get shape which is why I need to increase
> the effort.

Well you're either a nicely clever troll or too stupid to live. Either
way, into the killfile with you.

Neil

Sürf McBrowse <[email protected]> wrote:

> It looks like everyone thinks I shouldn't use the velcro wiedghts, are they
> good for anything?

Doorstops.

"Fat *******" <[email protected]> wrote in news:9WB7e.21020
[email protected]:

>> Har. May I suggest suicide? It's simpler.
>>
>> Hugh
>>

> Thats insensitive.
> Micheal Jackson

Poor bunny.

Hugh

--
Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will attend no other.