State Championship Results

Discussion in 'Next Generation' started by Cyclist14, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Cyclist14

Cyclist14 New Member

I ended up with a 3rd place in my age group in the North Carolina State Championship Time Trial.

My time was 31:27 for about 20 KM (12 Miles)

I did not have a aerobars, a disk wheel or an aero helmet, I think I could have ridden at least 40 seconds faster with the bars and a disk wheel, but I will have all that stuff next year.

Tags:

2. whoawhoa

whoawhoa New Member

What was the winning time? What was the course like? Hillier than the french broad tt?

3. Cyclist14

Cyclist14 New Member

The winning time was 29:30 and the second place time was about 30 seconds better than mine (31:27) and the course was mostly flat but there was a tailwind going out and a pretty stiff headwind on the way back to the startline. There were a few hills that came out of nowhere on the way back in, but the course was probably flatter than the French broad ,though.

P.S: My time at the French Broad was 32:34, but I had Bronchitis during that race and didn't know it.

4. Yippie Kye Ay

Yippie Kye Ay New Member

At my state championship road race I was forced out of a breakaway with the top three riders due to a broken pulley wheel on my rear derailler. In the criterium I finished in fourth position.

5. whoawhoa

whoawhoa New Member

Man, I know how that feels. I snapped my seat off with 8 miles to go in the lead group at States, just over a week ago. It sucks, doesn't it?

6. Cyclist14

Cyclist14 New Member

What kind seat was it?