Stationary Bike

10sguy

Guest
Can anyone recommend a good stationary bike that I can use to keep in shape during the off season?

10Sguy wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good stationary bike that I can use to keep in shape during the off season?

If you like riding your bike - instead of purchasing a stationary bike purchase a trainer and attach
your bike to it. There is no substitute for having the same fit (to the bike) when the riding season
returns. Also, it is much cheaper.

The cycling pro's use trainers to stay fit. People who don't have a bicycle ride stationary bikes at
the gym occaionally. (IMHO)

NS

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 01:41:34 GMT, "NS>" <[email protected]> wrote:

>10Sguy wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a good stationary bike that I can use to keep in shape during the off
>> season?
>>

>If you like riding your bike - instead of purchasing a stationary bike purchase a trainer and
>attach your bike to it. There is no substitute for having the same fit (to the bike) when the
>riding season returns. Also, it is much cheaper.
>
>The cycling pro's use trainers to stay fit. People who don't have a bicycle ride stationary bikes
>at the gym occaionally. (IMHO)

I just purchased one from http://www.1upusa.com (it hasn't come in the mail yet). It comes very
highly recommended from mtbreview.com

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Trainer/product_87774.shtml

Regards, Thunder9

I like the Schwinn Fitness IC. (Don't call them a Spinner bike, Johnny G would be upset.)

Spinning classes are not nearly as boring as being on a trainer, and using a Spinner won't mash up
your good front wheels.

news:[email protected]...

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 20:01:08 GMT, "10Sguy" <[email protected]@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Can anyone recommend a good stationary bike that I can use to keep in shape during the off season?

Get a trainer, remove the mag resistance unit and replace it with a permanent magnet DC motor. Run
the motor to a 12 volt 100 watt driving light. And (drumroll)...

Instant power output readout.

Worked for me.