Stationary Bike

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by 10sguy, Aug 2, 2003.

  1. 10sguy

    10sguy Guest

    Can anyone recommend a good stationary bike that I can use to keep in shape during the off season?

    Tags:

  2. Ns>

    10Sguy wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a good stationary bike that I can use to keep in shape during the off season?

    If you like riding your bike - instead of purchasing a stationary bike purchase a trainer and attach
    your bike to it. There is no substitute for having the same fit (to the bike) when the riding season
    returns. Also, it is much cheaper.

    The cycling pro's use trainers to stay fit. People who don't have a bicycle ride stationary bikes at
    the gym occaionally. (IMHO)

    NS

  3. Thunder9

    Thunder9 Guest

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 01:41:34 GMT, "NS>" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >10Sguy wrote:
    >> Can anyone recommend a good stationary bike that I can use to keep in shape during the off
    >> season?
    >>

    >If you like riding your bike - instead of purchasing a stationary bike purchase a trainer and
    >attach your bike to it. There is no substitute for having the same fit (to the bike) when the
    >riding season returns. Also, it is much cheaper.
    >
    >The cycling pro's use trainers to stay fit. People who don't have a bicycle ride stationary bikes
    >at the gym occaionally. (IMHO)

    I just purchased one from http://www.1upusa.com (it hasn't come in the mail yet). It comes very
    highly recommended from mtbreview.com

    http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Trainer/product_87774.shtml

    Regards, Thunder9

  4. Kurd

    Kurd Guest

    I like the Schwinn Fitness IC. (Don't call them a Spinner bike, Johnny G would be upset.)

    Spinning classes are not nearly as boring as being on a trainer, and using a Spinner won't mash up
    your good front wheels.

    -kurd "10Sguy" <[email protected]@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone recommend a good stationary bike that I can use to keep in
    shape
    > during the off season?

  5. oingo

    oingo Guest

    On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 20:01:08 GMT, "10Sguy" <[email protected]@nowhere.com> wrote:

    >Can anyone recommend a good stationary bike that I can use to keep in shape during the off season?

    Get a trainer, remove the mag resistance unit and replace it with a permanent magnet DC motor. Run
    the motor to a 12 volt 100 watt driving light. And (drumroll)...

    Instant power output readout.

    Worked for me.