Stationary Bike

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by John King, Feb 15, 2003.

  1. John King

    John King Guest

    Hope everyone is doing well.

    Would like to buy a stationary bicycle for myself for inclement weather .... and for my wife in
    terms of perhaps getting her to exercise more.

    Would like to get one that I could use clipless pedals with and also let my wife use toe clips.

    Would like one with good ajustable saddle.

    Any suggestions on what to get? And where?

    Thanks, John King Happy Rding everyone.

    --
    http://kingjohn.freeshell.org [email protected] SDF Public Access UNIX System -
    http://sdf.lonestar.org

    Tags:

  2. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: John King [email protected]

    >Would like to buy a stationary bicycle for myself for inclement weather .... and for my wife in
    >terms of perhaps getting her to exercise more.

    >Would like to get one that I could use clipless pedals with and also let my wife use toe clips.
    >
    >Would like one with good ajustable saddle.

    We've got a kettler Racer that's not too bad. It's smooth riding. Our only complaint is the Tri
    style bars. I keep meaning to get around to making an adapter so I can mount standard bars on it.

    http://www.kettlerusa.com/page9.html Bill C.

  3. Budman

    Budman Guest

    The health club I used to go to had Schwinn spinning bikes. I found them to be easily adjustable for
    saddle height and virtual top tube length. Like most spinning bikes they had the tri bar setup. The
    cranks had standard threads. When I first started to teach the spin class, a few brought their own
    pedals. After a few classes everyone was using the regular pedals with toe straps. Its better to use
    a stiff pair of mountain bike shoes without cleats mounted on them. That way you can just get into
    the pedals, tighten the straps and go. Messing with changing the pedals is just too much of a pain.
    I've used a pair of old Shimano M50's just for spinning bikes. Also, IMO, because of the flywheel a
    spin bike puts more stress on the bottom of a shoe. I thinks this may lead to the soles coming off
    cheaper cycling shoes for clipless pedals. You should check out eBay for spinning bikes most of them
    in good condition should go for about $500 plus a bunch for shipping because they weigh about 100
    pounds. "John King" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hope everyone is doing well.
    >
    > Would like to buy a stationary bicycle for myself for inclement weather .... and for my wife in
    > terms of perhaps getting her to exercise more.
    >
    > Would like to get one that I could use clipless pedals with and also let my wife use toe clips.
    >
    > Would like one with good ajustable saddle.
    >

    > Any suggestions on what to get? And where?
    >

    > Thanks, John King Happy Rding everyone.
    >
    > --
    > http://kingjohn.freeshell.org [email protected] SDF Public Access UNIX System -
    > http://sdf.lonestar.org

  4. Bobmcb

    Bobmcb Guest

    I would get her a regular bike, and a cheap indoor trainer. When the weather gets better she can
    ditch the trainer and ride outside. I noticed that a bunch of the mail order/internet bike stores
    have great deals on trainers.