Stationary Cycling through Google Street View

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
This guy has integrated google street view with with his indoor training. His solution was to build a VR rig so that he could ride around inside google street view. He has rigged a simple sensor to his wheel to determine his speed and he’s using a vuzix VR 920 as a display and orientation sensor.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdWwtApn6aI"]YouTube- Stationary Cycling through Google Street View[/ame]

An interesting way to improvise some VR.

Unless I'm missing something, though, there's no way to actually change the direction of travel on street view. You can *look* in any direction you want, but only ride in a straight line, right?

So, what's with the posters like the one above who post nothing but inane "yeah, that's great" comments? That poster has 15 posts in the last hour, all of that type, across several different forums and threads. Is it just a way to get the signature spam-link viewed, or is something else going on here?

I've noticed the same thing among other screen names. Seems like a waste of time for as little benefit as that must be.

frenchyge said:
So, what's with the posters like the one above who post nothing but inane "yeah, that's great" comments? That poster has 15 posts in the last hour, all of that type, across several different forums and threads. Is it just a way to get the signature spam-link viewed, or is something else going on here?

I've noticed the same thing among other screen names. Seems like a waste of time for as little benefit as that must be.

Hi there

When I notice them, I ban the account and delete all posts. Reporting posts like that one is a big help :)

Heh, yeah I hesitate to report posts which are generally positive and friendly, and it's hard to view a signature message as spam unless looking back through their post history it's obvious that's the sole purpose of the account.

Nice job staying on top of the spammers BTW! Cheers.