Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Stationary vs. Road Bike

Started by jlopez2757 · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,244 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
18 July 2004
Last activity
18 July 2004
Original author
jlopez2757
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,244
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a normal upright stationary bike at home. I have a fast cadence and it displays 16-17 mph. At the same cadence how fast would I be going on a regular touring 9 or 10 speed road bike? Flat road

  2. jlopez2757 said:

    I have a normal upright stationary bike at home. I have a fast cadence and it displays 16-17 mph. At the same cadence how fast would I be going on a regular touring 9 or 10 speed road bike? Flat road

    the usual formula to convert is that you cant

  3. It's difficult to calibrate your speedo on the indoor trainer. You've gotta know what speed out on the road corresponds with what heart rate.

    For me, a HR of about 120 on the road corresponds with roughly 18/19mph, so then I calibrate my indoor speedo accordingly.

    Most indoor trainers show easier speeds, so you've gotta adjust.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.