Statistics

silkwood

Nov 18, 2004
Hi All,

With Cateye computers on most bikes these days, what statistics do you collect / keep from them? And what do you do with that info?????

The most important info i keep is my ave speed, distance and what the wearher condition were like. I have a it all in a excel spreadsheet.

Does anybody else keep info like this?

Thanks

Jay

I thought I was the only nerd. I have a spreadsheet that keeps, time & distance (and average). I was keeping average cadence for a while, but don't do that anymore. I usually add a note of where the ride was. Hmmmm. Weather, that could be a good addition. I sometimes add a note to an entry, if it was really bad conditions (got to explain bad performance somehow).
Of course there are associated graphs, plus different averages kept (last week/month, etc.).

ok, is this the "geek's confesion club"? :) Good

I have a oldish Cateye Tomo, and I'm obsessed with counting my kms, so much so that I change the battery every new year's eve, so, when I reset everything, I'm guaranteed that I'll have the odometer reading for the whole 12 months. :D I'm such a geek.

hmmmm....what else?.......If, for some reason my 'speedo' ( a"computer" is what I'm looking at :)) fails, like, for eg, temporarily, in very wet weather, I'll ride the exact same ride the following day to get the correct kms....or, if I know exactly where I rode, I'll measure it in the Melway (every 5cm = 1km), then manually update the odometer by hand using a spare wiring set & magnet

Also, I've measured the accuracy of my speedo on 3 velodromes in Melbourne (Blackburn, Carnegie and Edithvale), and the correct wheel size setting for me on my bikes is '208'

531Aussie said:
ok, is this the "geek's confesion club"? :) Good

I have a oldish Cateye Tomo, and I'm obsessed with counting my kms, so much so that I change the battery every new year's eve, so, when I reset everything, I'm guaranteed that I'll have the odometer reading for the whole 12 months. :D I'm such a geek.

hmmmm....what else?.......If, for some reason my 'speedo' ( a"computer" is what I'm looking at :)) fails, like, for eg, temporarily, in very wet weather, I'll ride the exact same ride the following day to get the correct kms....or, if I know exactly where I rode, I'll measure it in the Melway (every 5cm = 1km), then manually update the odometer by hand using a spare wiring set & magnet

Also, I've measured the accuracy of my speedo on 3 velodromes in Melbourne (Blackburn, Carnegie and Edithvale), and the correct wheel size setting for me on my bikes is '208'
Crikey!

My Cateye computer doesn't lose its odometer count, even if the battery has been flat for months.