stay away from mexican for lunch!!!

florida_hybrid

Apr 4, 2006
Wow, I forgot to pack a lunch today for work and went with the boss to a mexican joint I hadn't been to. Food was great, but man, what a bad thing to do when your trying to be good. A 2:00pm, if felt like a rock in my gut:eek: Yes, I couldn't put down the chips and sauce and had two giant enchilladas with the fixings!!!

Just got back from my normal evening ride and feeling much better - I'm going to skip dinner. Tommorrow, I'm packing it light!!!

I need to get on some kinda meal plan!! (but mexican is so good!)

And don't drink a milk shake just before going out for a ride. I was stupid enough to do this a few weeks ago, and about halfway through the ride I was forced to take my road bike off-road.

And don't eat a "Western Bacon Six-Dollar Burger" from Carl's Jr.

Please, the problem it's not Mexican the problem it's what combo of ingredients you put at your stomach before a workout. Just like the milk shake that Pend*jo says.

P.S. Pend*jo, I think that you know what your nick means in Spanish, don’t you?

Mexican food is very good and it is easy to over do it sometimes but you would have had the same problems with a double chile dog and frys or chicken fried steak, mashed potatos and gravy. You should see some of the BBQ plates I've seen at some of the BBQ joints in Kansas City. Good lord, you could feed 12 people with one of those plates and lube your car as well.

-Mike

cuervo said:
And don't eat a "Western Bacon Six-Dollar Burger" from Carl's Jr.

Please, the problem it's not Mexican the problem it's what combo of ingredients you put at your stomach before a workout. Just like the milk shake that Pend*jo says.

P.S. Pend*jo, I think that you know what your nick means in Spanish, don’t you?
Si, Cuervo, lo se. Que puedo hacer - me sirve bien.

Cuervo, in 1981 I drove my car down into Mexico and my first stop was Monterrey. And there was this mountain just outside of town, and there were all the cyclists and runners going up and down. What a terrific training run. Do you do that, and what's the name of that mountain (I forgot) and what's the elevation gain.

Pendejo said:
Si, Cuervo, lo se. Que puedo hacer - me sirve bien.

Cuervo, in 1981 I drove my car down into Mexico and my first stop was Monterrey. And there was this mountain just outside of town, and there were all the cyclists and runners going up and down. What a terrific training run. Do you do that, and what's the name of that mountain (I forgot) and what's the elevation gain.

That must be Chipinque, enclosed at the start of the Sierra Madre Oriental mountains. I train there at least once a week, usually two or three repetitions. It's a climb of about 11 Kms. (around 6.8 miles), with a ascent of 630 meters (2070 ft.) at a fairly steady grade of 5.7%

If you come back, put me a line and we can climb it together!!!

quil said:
and lube your car as well.

-Mike
Gold.
biggrin.gif