Stay away from this online shop! You are hereby warned!!!

mrowkoob

Dec 23, 2003
www.hermes-bikeshop.com
is a scam.

Just in case anyone's interested (or already been scammed):

Domain Name.......... hermes-bikeshop.com
Creation Date........ 2004-01-19
Registration Date.... 2004-01-19
Expiry Date.......... 2005-01-19
Organisation Name.... None
Organisation Address. 144 Hang Dog Lane
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Wethersfield
Organisation Address. 30303
Organisation Address. CT
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Louis P. Robitaille
Admin Address........ 144 Hang Dog Lane
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Wethersfield
Admin Address........ 30303
Admin Address........ CT
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... [email protected]
Admin Phone.......... 5527425783
Admin Fax............

Stay away or loose your money.

I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE, HAVING JUST VISITED THEIR WEBSITE, I WOULD HAVE GRAVE RESERVATIONS ABOUT DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM. LOOKING AT THEIR PRICES, IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, I MEAN COME ON, LOOK AT THE PRICES OF THE LITESPEED BIKES, NOT JUST FRAMES,BUT COMPLETE BIKES FOR FIFTEEN AND SIXTEEN HUNDRED EUROS. I MAY BE WRONG, AND ILL HOLD MY HAND UP IF I AM, BUT, PERSONALLY I THINK SOMETHINGS UP!!!

I'll take your word for it, and thanks for the tip, but what was your experience? Out of curiosity.

A Cannondale Ironman 5000, new with '04 Dura Ace and Zipp 404s, for 1300 EUR?

That's about $1640 USD, if I'm not mistaken. Something is very wrong.

Well statements like these at the site:

"We have all sizes and colours available!
If you need any other bike model, please name it and we do our best to have it within 5 days!"

Yeah right!

"HELITIS
8 av Beverini Vico
20000 AJACCIO

Tel/Fax: 0033679320454

FRANCE"

This set up by a mister Robitaille in wetherfield....January 19th ....

"HELITIS Group was established as beeing the first AJACCIO based company offering bikes. Run by motivated and experienced European staff always striving for providing the best possible service to our valued customers, we have quickly become the largest online bikes store located directly in the heart of Corse Island."

The guys at helitis will be sorry to hear they are selling bikes now. Look at http://www.helitis.com .

So what does your common sense tell you?
Can you get any Litespeed Blade for about 1700 USD within 5 days in any color from an obscure internetcompany on the Island of Corsika?

Be my guest and try :p

No, you're right; like I said in my last post, all it took was a brief tour of the site to see that something's wrong. There are other "deals" on the page, but the one that struck me was the new 2004 Cannondale Ironman (10-speed DA + Zipp 404s) at a 67% savings over retail ($1640 vs. $4999) -- again, available in all sizes.

Huh?

You guys are wrong. I just dropped $5000 on 3 bikes and they have assured me that they are on their way. Can't wait to get them.

Originally posted by puma
You guys are wrong. I just dropped $5000 on 3 bikes and they have assured me that they are on their way. Can't wait to get them.

THIS WAS A JOKE. I JUST WANTED A FEW OF YOU TO SAY TO YOURSELVES "WHAT A MORON" BEFORE READING THE REPLY :D

I know most of you probably intercepted the sarcasm, but for those of you who didn't...

"Time is our enemy! We need to sell very fast!"

like before the authorities catch them?

Originally posted by mrowkoob
www.hermes-bikeshop.com
is a scam.

Just in case anyone's interested (or already been scammed):

Domain Name.......... hermes-bikeshop.com
Creation Date........ 2004-01-19
Registration Date.... 2004-01-19
Expiry Date.......... 2005-01-19
Organisation Name.... None
Organisation Address. 144 Hang Dog Lane
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Wethersfield
Organisation Address. 30303
Organisation Address. CT
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Louis P. Robitaille
Admin Address........ 144 Hang Dog Lane
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Wethersfield
Admin Address........ 30303
Admin Address........ CT
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... [email protected]
Admin Phone.......... 5527425783
Admin Fax............

Stay away or loose your money.

mrowkoob, where and how did you come up with this information?

this is the reason i stay away from internet purchases. With a local bike shop atleast if it's wrong you have someones neck close enough to strangle.

If their prices are so low and they can get anything within 5 days, I guess I'll ask them for a Pinarello Dogma Ego. Maybe I could have it for $2000!!!

;-), I'll make the test just by curiosity to know wath price they'll come up with or if they could have it!

I've run into scammers like this twice before. Here's what I did, maybe someone wants to try it (I don't have the energy).

First, contact them by email and ask for something special (and expensive). Then mention that you are affiliated with a team or a club and the price is so good, you'd like maybe 5-10 bikes at a bulk discount. Get them to give you the bulk price you offer (they will). Tell them you are assembling the $$. Then a day or two later, tell them you have the $$ but the club manager/members, whatever are nervous. Tell them you can wire the $$ immediately but the transaction has to be done through Escrow.com.

One of two things will happen: (1) You will get 5 or 10 bikes at a 75-80% discount; or (2) They will find some lame excuse why they can't use escrow.

I'd be willing to put my money on #2 happening.

I went through this exercise twice with the same result.

Originally posted by lawyering
I've run into scammers like this twice before. Here's what I did, maybe someone wants to try it (I don't have the energy).

First, contact them by email and ask for something special (and expensive). Then mention that you are affiliated with a team or a club and the price is so good, you'd like maybe 5-10 bikes at a bulk discount. Get them to give you the bulk price you offer (they will). Tell them you are assembling the $$. Then a day or two later, tell them you have the $$ but the club manager/members, whatever are nervous. Tell them you can wire the $$ immediately but the transaction has to be done through Escrow.com.

One of two things will happen: (1) You will get 5 or 10 bikes at a 75-80% discount; or (2) They will find some lame excuse why they can't use escrow.

I'd be willing to put my money on #2 happening.

I went through this exercise twice with the same result.

I've done similar things, making them think that you're willing to drop 10s of thousands of dollars by asking detailed questions, claiming you're from an online shop (with the use of a bogus email account that looks like that of a legit company like excelsports.com or something), and other creative ways. Then tell them the money order is on its way. The morons might actually be expecting it and be all excited.

I sent them an e-mail as I said , concerning a Dogma Ego!!

But I think it may not work, it may be a bit suspicious t receive that kind of request from a guy who's e-mail provider is @rebelspy.net......lol ...... damn