Stay Away...

mevans209

Apr 18, 2012
Stay away from cheapcycling.com.

Ordered some jerseys the 2d week in March...on 13 April when I still hadn't heard anything I sent them an e-mail asking about status. Was informed via e-mail a day later they they are replacing equipment and it would be another 20-days...boy that would have been nice to know when I placed the order.

I asked them to cancel my order and reimburse all monies. Refund policy states you can cancel at any time before shipment for a full refund. Today, 18 Apr I get an e-mail with shipment information...What! Apparently, they did not cancel my order nor did they begin process to refund monies.

Also, I posted review on their Facebook page...they removed it and blocked my post. Apparently, they only allow positive reviews because negative reviews are bad for business.

Don't say you weren't warned...thanks.

I followed that link and it took me to a search site that linked to various stores. So I don't know which one you had issues with.

I don't see how these pirated products can be legally imported into the US. I really don't understand why the government, trademark, and copyright holders don't crack down on this. This degrades the value of the actual brands.

Do you think the Livestrong charity gets any royalty payments from this place? Do you think the Giordana and Castelli logo products are made anything like the real items?

AlanG said:
I don't see how these pirated products can be legally imported into the US. I really don't understand why the government, trademark, and copyright holders don't crack down on this. This degrades the value of the actual brands.
Do you think the Livestrong charity gets any royalty payments from this place? Do you think the Giordana and Castelli logo products are made anything like the real items?
The bigger problem is that a fair number of cyclists don't care that the goods are pirated or fake. Of course it's different when those same people suffer in their jobs or lives because of someone else's illegal shenanigans. As for the government, i don't think Castelli, Giordana, Gita Bike (US distributor for Giordana), or even Lance himself are big enough to get the government to go after fly-by-night internet sites from foreign countries selling fake cycling kit. I don't think the government has enough people to exterminate that rat. I wish it weren't the case, but wishes don't account for much.

Originally Posted by alienator .

As for the government, i don't think Castelli, Giordana, Gita Bike (US distributor for Giordana), or even Lance himself are big enough to get the government to go after fly-by-night internet sites from foreign countries selling fake cycling kit. I don't think the government has enough people to exterminate that rat. I wish it weren't the case, but wishes don't account for much.
I know this would be hard for overseas sites, but surely some things are inspected at customs. I have also seen the government take some action where I live closing down bootleg DVD sellers and other pirated goods in streets and shops but of course the internet is different.

Here is a story of the government taking action in my state. But it looks like the trademark holder has to take the first step and file a lawsuit or make a complaint.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/08/18/ocean-city-businesses-raided-for-counterfeit-goods/

Perhaps the OP's goods were confiscated in customs and that is the reason for the delay.

The other thing that is bothering me about that cheap site is they are using professional photographs of cyclists and surely are not paying a licensing fee for them either.

Reactions: DynV
AlanG said:
The other thing that is bothering me about that cheap site is they are using professional photographs of cyclists and surely are not paying a licensing fee for them either.
+1.