Steam Games is Awesome!

JTE83

Jan 28, 2004
Steam is awesome! At first I hated Steam because I thought it was like Gamespy or other services that were an unecessary log in to play games. But now I love Steam for their game sales! But you have to download everything so you'd better have high speed internet! I have 12 Mbps download speed so I was downloading 4 games while watching a Netflix streaming movie! The best thing about buying from Steam - no sales tax!

And then you can backup your downloaded games onto a USB hard drive or whatever. Took me 1/2 a day to backup my 56 Steam games [329 GB]. The biggest problem is that you cannot determine where your games are installed. They all install to the C: drive unless you change or doctor the install path. So my initial 732 GB C: hard drive cannot accept anymore games. I had to buy a 3TB SATA3 hard drive for my next new OS install. Will make the boot drive 2 TB big for lots of games and programs.

How about you? Do you have Steam and how do you like it? I just don't like that you can't play your Steam games if you don't log in or have internet. I have a torrent call "Steam Games Unlocker 1.4" but I don't know what it does.

Here are all the Steam Games I bought and their Sale Prices! I rather have a cheap Steam game than a torrent which you can never patch!

GTA IV Complete Bundle 9.99 USD
Dead Space 4.99 USD
Dead Space 2 + Prima Official Strategy Guide 29.39 USD
Medal of Honor: Airborne 2.50 USD
Medal of Honor Standard WW 14.99 USD
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition 6.80 USD
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam 7.49 USD
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising 5.00 USD
Singularity 10.20 USD
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 5.00 USD
Awesome deal when it cost $30 in stores!
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands 6.79 USD
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom - Gold Edition (NA) 19.99 USD
Very nice game to play, great graphics, and it didn't cost the $50 in stores! I recommend this game!
TrackMania United Forever 10.00 USD
Far Cry Complete 7.49 USD
Has Far Cry 1 & 2. Rebought these because I lost my original disks!
Total War: Shogun 2 33.49 USD
Total War: SHOGUN 2 Brady Guide 15.99 USD
Brothers in Arms Pack 9.99 USD
3 Brothers in Arms games!
Assassin's Creed 6.80 USD
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition 10.20 USD
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 19.99 USD
I should have waiteed 2 months later for the $27 Assasin's Creed pack of A.C. 1, 2, & 3!
Rainbow Six Vegas 3.39 USD
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 3.39 USD
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 6.79 USD
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (NCSA) 16.99 USD
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 - Open Skies DLC (NCSA) 3.39 USD
Cities XL 2011 10.00 USD
Nice city simulation, builds better cities than Simcity 4 but you seem to have lots of money.
FEAR Complete Pack (NA) 9.99 USD
Frontlines: Fuel of War (US/AU) 5.00 USD
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY 7.49 USD
Was named Game of the Year 2009 but I never heard of it! Trying it for $7.49 wouldn't hurt!
Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars 6.00 USD
Command and Conquer: Kane's Wrath 4.00 USD
Didn't buy C & C 4 because of many bad reviews that it was junk. Not even worth $4
Lara Croft GOL 3.74 USD
Mafia II Digital Deluxe 9.99 USD
Better and cheaper than the Mafia 2 being sold in store for $30! Waited 2 months for this to go on sale!
Mafia 2.49 USD
Mafia II DLC - Greaser 0.74 USD
Mafia II DLC - Jimmys Vendetta 2.49 USD
Mafia II DLC - Renegade 0.74 USD
Mafia II DLC - War Hero 0.74 USD
Mafia II DLC Joe's Adventures 2.49 USD
Mafia II DLC - Vegas 0.74 USD
Empire and Napoleon: Total War - Game of the Year Edition 10.19 USD
Cheap buy compared to $30 at Fry's.
Mass Effect Pack - Summer Sale 2011 19.99 USD
Has Mass Effect 1 aqnd Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Ed with extra content. I don't know why IGN said Mass Effect 2 was the best vg of all time, so I gave this game a try. I torrented it first.
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year 10.19 USD
Played the torrent and got bored of it. Bought this Edition because it had 5 expansion packs that the torrent didn't have.
F1: 2010 10.19 USD
Been waiting to get this cheap!
Just Cause 2 DLC: Black Market Aerial Pack 0.49 USD
JC2 Black Market Boom Pack 0.49 USD
JC2 DLC - Agency Hovercraft 0.25 USD
JC2 DLC - Bull's Eye Assault Rifle 0.25 USD
JC2 DLC - Chevalier Classic 0.25 USD
JC2 DLC - Rico's Signature Gun 0.25 USD
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Ikko Ikki Clan DLC 2.99 USD
JC2 DL C - Monster Truck 0.25 USD
Grid 10.04 USD
Dirt 2 13.39 USD

I have 69 Steam Games in all. 13 games have yet to be installed and my 732 GB C: drive only has 119 GB left. So if you buy a lot of Steam Games have a very large hd!

If you want a ton of Steam Games for cheap, log in to Steam every day to check for sales. Only buy vg's when they're on sale! Best deals are when they are 66% to 85% off during sale specials! Sometimes they present vg's that you don't know if they're good - so check game reviews and Youtube for game play.

The only games I don't buy are the ones that limit your number of game installs. I bought Wings of Prey and it turned out to be the worst airplane game I had ever bought! - I couldn't control the plane - had terrible flight physics. But worst was it's 4 install limit on activation code.

I was about to buy Test Drive Unlimited 2, but I saw it had a 4 machine install limit. I will not support any more games in the future by any game maker that does this. So I didn't buy the game and I torrented it. Everyone should boycott games that have an install limit.

But sometimes it's better to buy from the store instead of Steam. Like Civ 5 from the store comes with a big fold out map.

I have so many good games from Steam to play and conquer that I can wait for a hot new title to depreciate until it's cheap, - and well patched. By then there also would be free game hint websites on it, - like happened with video hints for Portal 2 when I got stuck.

The game Backup & Restore option should stop the need to redownload games on a new OS install. I will try a Restore when I get my new hd.

I most love to go out and greet new people and tell them they are invaluable, and loved,

and all people have so much to do, to care one for another, and life is no game, it is vital,

but if you like steam, well, so do I, and online games are just fine, but remember to care

for others in time, please,