Steamed chicken?

Bob (this one) wrote:
> Curt Nelson wrote:
>
>> Peter Aitken wrote than 100C.

> <http://www.broadleyjames.com/FAQ-text/102-faq.html>
> Chart showing pressure/temperature relationships. Definitions given on
> the page.

Thanx for the info. I'll admit Peter had it right. I live in nuclear
submarine country and I was having this discussion last night with a couple
of reactor engineer friends of mine. I hadn't considered that pressure is
necessary to raise the temperature of steam and thought it was merely
dependent on the amount of energy you put into the system. I was a little
bass-ackwards in my thinking since water can drop below 32 degrees once it
completely freezes and I figured the opposite would be just as true for
steam.

--
Hasta,
Curt Nelson