Steamed chicken?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Frank J Warner, Mar 6, 2005.

  1. Curt Nelson

    Curt Nelson Guest

    Bob (this one) wrote:
    > Curt Nelson wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Aitken wrote than 100C.

    > <http://www.broadleyjames.com/FAQ-text/102-faq.html>
    > Chart showing pressure/temperature relationships. Definitions given on
    > the page.

    Thanx for the info. I'll admit Peter had it right. I live in nuclear
    submarine country and I was having this discussion last night with a couple
    of reactor engineer friends of mine. I hadn't considered that pressure is
    necessary to raise the temperature of steam and thought it was merely
    dependent on the amount of energy you put into the system. I was a little
    bass-ackwards in my thinking since water can drop below 32 degrees once it
    completely freezes and I figured the opposite would be just as true for
    steam.

    --
    Hasta,
    Curt Nelson