Steel Cut Oats

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jean B., Jul 8, 2005.

  1. LynneA

    LynneA Guest

    "Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Yes, it was from Whole Foods. Three little juice boxes. My first
    > gingerbread flavor was not great. I think instead of trying the next
    > iteration of that, I will see if I can do a pecan pie version. I
    > couldn't believe I told my daughter that I missed my oats today. (I am
    > having them every other day right now.) I really loathed the Quaker
    > stuff... (except for baking).
    >
    > --
    > Jean B.

    Thanks, I'll take a look-see. I will have to try these variations, but not
    till it's cooler, I just can't even THINK of oatmeal this time of year.

    Lynne A
    [email protected]

  2. Jean B.

    Jean B. Guest

    LynneA wrote:

    > "Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >

    >>Yes, it was from Whole Foods. Three little juice boxes. My first
    >>gingerbread flavor was not great. I think instead of trying the next
    >>iteration of that, I will see if I can do a pecan pie version. I
    >>couldn't believe I told my daughter that I missed my oats today. (I am
    >>having them every other day right now.) I really loathed the Quaker
    >>stuff... (except for baking).
    >>
    >>--
    >>Jean B.

    > Thanks, I'll take a look-see. I will have to try these variations, but not
    > till it's cooler, I just can't even THINK of oatmeal this time of year.
    >
    > Lynne A
    > [email protected]

    It is a little silly, isn't it? At least I am using the
    overnight method--and I could try the microwave method. And
    also I'm not quite crazy enough to bake cookies.

    --
    Jean B.

  3. By Nature

    By Nature New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2021
    Packed with soluble fibre, energy-boosting carbs, vitamins and antioxidants, steel cut oats are a super source of daily nutrition that also helps reduce cholesterol.