Steel Road Frame Builders in South East UK?

foxwelljsly

Apr 18, 2007
I have an aging Klein Quantum Race with 7700 kit that is way past it's best, everything with a bearing now needs replacing and the top tube has a massive ding in from a tumble a couple of years ago.

I want to get a custom steel frame built and finish it myself with a 6600 triple group and parts. It'll be used for commuting and occasional century rides and figured this would be a good combo for that, the Dura Ace consumables are lot more expensive than Ultegra and the Ultegra is a little bit more robust all-round.

My q is, can anyone here reccomend any frame builders in the South East of England? I have found Dave Yates, but don't want to trek all the way up there to get measured and choose the colours.

thanks

Simon

foxwelljsly said:
I have an aging Klein Quantum Race with 7700 kit that is way past it's best, everything with a bearing now needs replacing and the top tube has a massive ding in from a tumble a couple of years ago.

I want to get a custom steel frame built and finish it myself with a 6600 triple group and parts. It'll be used for commuting and occasional century rides and figured this would be a good combo for that, the Dura Ace consumables are lot more expensive than Ultegra and the Ultegra is a little bit more robust all-round.

My q is, can anyone here reccomend any frame builders in the South East of England? I have found Dave Yates, but don't want to trek all the way up there to get measured and choose the colours.

thanks

Simon
There are loads - try the big ones first like Condor and Mercian. The chaps at cyclingweekly forums will be able to give more detailed advice.