Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Steer tube shim

Started by sterljw · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,030 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
18 April 2005
Last activity
21 April 2005
Original author
sterljw
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,030
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Ok. I saw an awesome deal on Nashbar for and Easton EA70 stem for $10. I want to get it but I have an 1" steer tube. I was wondering if anyone makes a shim that would increase the size of the tube so that the 1 1/8" stem would fit. I realize that I might run into problems with the headset but it would be awesome if I could upgrade for so cheap. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it!!!

  2. im sure there out there...theres adaptars for everything these days, so just go to your bike shop and ask them about it and see what they have im sure they have one and if not they can probly get you one

    ~Scott

  3. I'm using a 1 1/8" stem with a 1" steerer with no problems. Headset works just fine. Any decent bike shop should have the shims, and some stems even come with one.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.