Steering Tube Cut Too Short - Options?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Aztec, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Aztec

Aztec New Member

My tube was cut about 4cm too short for me. There just aren't any stems that can bridge that by angling upward enough. So... new fork time? I have a Columbus Muscle, on a Colnago Dream Plus. Colnago forks START at $430 and are 100g heavier than what I already have. But the Columbus is $400 as well.

Any good values in quality carbon forks, or am I best off just sucking it up and buying the Colnago fork?

Tags:

2. maarten

maarten New Member

4cm upwards rise must be possible i doesn't look really nice but you have em. If its and old style(threaded fork you can put an adapter in it to make it one for a aheadset, the adapter wins you several cm's but sadly also several grams prices around 10 euro/us dollar

3. Aztec

Aztec New Member

No, I mean that even with my existing stem which has a +10 or so rise, I'm still 4cm too low.

It's threadless, too. I think Im hosed. :-( But on the bright side, this seems a great opportunity to buy a new frame/fork combo!

4. daniell

daniell New Member

I can think of a couple of possible remedies. Why not use a stem with a 17 degree rise. With the same extension, this will bring you closer. Another possiblity. Use a mountain stem with a high rise. I think that Nitto makes a road handlebar that will fit a mountain stem.

5. MikeJ

MikeJ New Member

6. Topmounter

Topmounter New Member