Stelvio size 559 discontinued?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mikael Seierup, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. Sounds like baloney to me but thats what my LBS claims the danish importer told him. *scratch*
    Mailed Schwalbe but may take a while to get an answer.

    Anyone else heard of this?

    Mikael

    Tags:

  2. Bryan Ball

    Bryan Ball Guest

    Since they revamped the Stelvio a bit for '04 to help address the concerns of recumbent riders and
    they were showing that tire in 559 at Eurobike and Interbike, I doubt it's dead.

    > Sounds like baloney to me but thats what my LBS claims the danish importer told him. *scratch*
    > Mailed Schwalbe but may take a while to get an answer.
    >
    > Anyone else heard of this?
    >
    > Mikael

  3. That's Bullshit! i just received 20 of them,i also have coming about 50 of the 406 folding models
    also. Thank you Earl GRR,RANS V2 Ti Rush,Ti Pursuit

    > Sounds like baloney to me but thats what my LBS claims the danish importer told him. *scratch*
    > Mailed Schwalbe but may take a while to get an answer.
    >
    > Anyone else heard of this?

    While it seems unlikely the Schwalbe would discontinue the 559, it is possible that your Danish
    importer has decided that they will no longer carry the tire due to low volume.

    Why would a tire manufactured for an EU company need to be imported into another EU country? (Yes, I
    know they are made in Asia). BTW who is this Danish importer?

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  5. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Mikael Seierup must be edykated coz e writed:

    > Sounds like baloney to me but thats what my LBS claims the danish importer told him. *scratch*
    > Mailed Schwalbe but may take a while to get an answer.
    >
    > Anyone else heard of this?
    >
    > Mikael

    The following are still available.

    Stelvio 25-559 £25 each, if you want some get in touch through the website.

    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  6. Tzenobite

    Tzenobite Guest

    i know this may be a silly question, but... 559 means 25"? matteo

  7. "Ian" skrev

    > The following are still available.
    >
    > Stelvio 25-559 £25 each, if you want some get in touch through the website.

    It turned out to be baloney. Local roadbike shop has them and sells tons according to the guys
    working there. Don't need it until spring anyway.

    Mikael

  8. Ian

    Ian Guest

    tzenobite must be edykated coz e writed:

    > i know this may be a silly question, but... 559 means 25"? matteo
    It is a rim size, the inch equivalent is 26 X 1
    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  9. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Mikael Seierup must be edykated coz e writed:

    > "Ian" skrev
    >
    >> The following are still available.
    >>
    >> Stelvio 25-559 £25 each, if you want some get in touch through the website.
    >
    > It turned out to be baloney. Local roadbike shop has them and sells tons according to the guys
    > working there. Don't need it until spring anyway.
    >
    > Mikael

    ok, no problem, usually have them anyway.

    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  10. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    tzenobite wrote:

    > i know this may be a silly question, but... 559 means 25"? matteo

    Sheldon Brown explains: < http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tire_sizing.html >

    Tom Sherman - Near the confluence of the Mississippi and Rock Rivers RANS "Wavewind" and Rocket,
    Earth Cycles Sunset and Dragonflyer