Stem adapter for Cannondale 1.5" to standard 1 1/8"?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by x, Mar 18, 2003.

  1. x

    x Guest

    Seems like there's *got* to be something available - too many Cannondale bikes out there and nowhere
    near enough stem selections - but I'm not having any luck with Google...

    Got a Jekyll 700 FS hanging in my garage. Ridden about three months or until I found out I was too
    tall for it.

    Seems like 4 options:

    1) Sell it to somebody that it fits.

    2) Keep it as a loaner, but never ride it myself because the bars are too low.

    3) Put BMX bars on it and hope I don't kill myself if/when they fold forward.

    4) Get a 1.5" ==> 1 1/8" adapter and keep it as a spare.

    Anybody know of anything?
    -----------------------
    PeteCresswell

    Tags:

  2. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    (Pete Cresswell) wrote:

    > Seems like there's *got* to be something available - too many Cannondale bikes out there and
    > nowhere near enough stem selections - but I'm not having any luck with Google...
    >
    > Got a Jekyll 700 FS hanging in my garage. Ridden about three months or until I found out I was too
    > tall for it.
    >
    > Seems like 4 options:
    >
    > 1) Sell it to somebody that it fits.
    >
    > 2) Keep it as a loaner, but never ride it myself because the bars are too low.
    >
    > 3) Put BMX bars on it and hope I don't kill myself if/when they fold forward.
    >
    > 4) Get a 1.5" ==> 1 1/8" adapter and keep it as a spare.
    >
    > Anybody know of anything?

    A 3" riser bar? Maybe you can get one even taller.

    How about a custom stem? Salsa makes them, AFAIK.

    Matt O.

  3. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Seems like there's *got* to be something available - too many Cannondale
    bikes
    > out there and nowhere near enough stem selections - but I'm not having any
    luck
    > with Google...
    >
    > Got a Jekyll 700 FS hanging in my garage. Ridden about three months or
    until I
    > found out I was too tall for it.
    >
    > Seems like 4 options:
    >
    > 1) Sell it to somebody that it fits.
    >
    > 2) Keep it as a loaner, but never ride it myself because the bars are too
    low.

    > 3) Put BMX bars on it and hope I don't kill myself if/when they fold
    forward.

    > 4) Get a 1.5" ==> 1 1/8" adapter and keep it as a spare.
    >
    > Anybody know of anything?
    > PeteCresswell

    There's a 1.5" to 1.125" adaptor HS available if you wanna put a different fork on the bike and ride
    it with a normal fork. There are a bunch more options available for 1.125" steerers than 1.5".

    I am running a 120x20 stem on my F3000, but I've got the opposite problem, I can't get out and
    low enough for me. I've given up on making that bike fit, and am working on building a Dean
    steel hardtail.

    Mike