Stem mount for Polar HRM - anyone?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by endroll, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. endroll

    endroll New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2005
    Hi!

    Would anyone know where I can find a mount for polar HRM to sit it just in front of the stem. I can only find ones that sit to the side. Maybe someone tri minded might know. Thanks!!!

    Tags:

  2. a5hi5m

    a5hi5m New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2005
    A couple of friends made up something with what might have been a bracket from a reflector that attached to the bars, and then let them cable tie the polar bike mount bracket to that, so it sat just in front of the stem. Looked really neat.

    Ash

  3. Gemma_k

    Gemma_k Guest

    "a5hi5m" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > endroll Wrote:
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> Would anyone know where I can find a mount for polar HRM to sit it just
    >> in front of the stem. I can only find ones that sit to the side. Maybe
    >> someone tri minded might know. Thanks!!!

    > A couple of friends made up something with what might have been a
    > bracket from a reflector that attached to the bars, and then let them
    > cable tie the polar bike mount bracket to that, so it sat just in front
    > of the stem. Looked really neat.

    Just use any old computer or lights mount that sits in front of the stem,
    then fit the standard polar mount to that. There's lots of these types of
    mount out there.
    If you're into brand name bling, this is how I've done mine (out of
    necessity, too much ergo carbon meant no room for polar! :)
    http://img6.picsplace.to/img.php?file=img6/15/IMG_0011_000.JPG

    (and yes, my bike is dusty)

    Gemm

  4. adam85

    adam85 Guest

    "Gemma_k" <[email protected]> wrote in message > Just
    use any old computer or lights mount that sits in front of the stem,
    > then fit the standard polar mount to that. There's lots of these types of
    > mount out there.
    > If you're into brand name bling, this is how I've done mine (out of
    > necessity, too much ergo carbon meant no room for polar! :)
    > http://img6.picsplace.to/img.php?file=img6/15/IMG_0011_000.JPG
    >
    > (and yes, my bike is dusty)
    >
    > Gemm

    Noice bit of bling there...like the Zero Gravity brakes :)

    Adam