Stem mount for Polar HRM - anyone?

endroll

New Member
Jul 6, 2005
Hi!

Would anyone know where I can find a mount for polar HRM to sit it just in front of the stem. I can only find ones that sit to the side. Maybe someone tri minded might know. Thanks!!!

endroll said:
Hi!

Would anyone know where I can find a mount for polar HRM to sit it just in front of the stem. I can only find ones that sit to the side. Maybe someone tri minded might know. Thanks!!!
A couple of friends made up something with what might have been a bracket from a reflector that attached to the bars, and then let them cable tie the polar bike mount bracket to that, so it sat just in front of the stem. Looked really neat.

Ash

"a5hi5m" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> endroll Wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Would anyone know where I can find a mount for polar HRM to sit it just
>> in front of the stem. I can only find ones that sit to the side. Maybe
>> someone tri minded might know. Thanks!!!

> A couple of friends made up something with what might have been a
> bracket from a reflector that attached to the bars, and then let them
> cable tie the polar bike mount bracket to that, so it sat just in front
> of the stem. Looked really neat.

Just use any old computer or lights mount that sits in front of the stem,
then fit the standard polar mount to that. There's lots of these types of
mount out there.
If you're into brand name bling, this is how I've done mine (out of
necessity, too much ergo carbon meant no room for polar! :)
http://img6.picsplace.to/img.php?file=img6/15/IMG_0011_000.JPG

(and yes, my bike is dusty)

Gemm

"Gemma_k" <[email protected]> wrote in message > Just
use any old computer or lights mount that sits in front of the stem,
> then fit the standard polar mount to that. There's lots of these types of
> mount out there.
> If you're into brand name bling, this is how I've done mine (out of
> necessity, too much ergo carbon meant no room for polar! :)
> http://img6.picsplace.to/img.php?file=img6/15/IMG_0011_000.JPG
>
> (and yes, my bike is dusty)
>
> Gemm

Noice bit of bling there...like the Zero Gravity brakes :)

Adam