Stem mounted brake hanger????

anonimo

Dec 19, 2009
On my custom bike -- using Paul Racer brakes -- I have a steering tube mounted brake hanger, but it's so close to the stem, that the cable is nearly bent at a 90 degree angle. I've seen a photo -- on the current Graham Watson calender -- which shows a cross bike that appears to have some kind of cable hanger attached to the stem. Can I get one of these, so I can get my stem even lower, or is it some custom thing? (A fork crown mounted one doesn't work with the Racer brakes.)

I have two custom bikes with Paul RAcer brakes.

On the first one I used a Hanger, that mounts much like a spacer on the stem, much like one of these ....

Cable Hanger Black - Excel Sports

It works exactly as you would expect it to. It is a very simple device after all.

On the second bike, I used an FSA headset with built in hanger. It works very well and looks cleaner as it all designed to be a single piece, ......

FSA Orbit X-CX Conventional Headset

It is a good headset, no complaints.

Either one of these solutions will work just fine.

That cable hanger is similar to what I have. What I need is something that is longer -- i.e., comes down lower -- so the cable isn't bent against the stem.

anonimo said:
On my custom bike -- using Paul Racer brakes -- I have a steering tube mounted brake hanger, but it's so close to the stem, that the cable is nearly bent at a 90 degree angle. I've seen a photo -- on the current Graham Watson calender -- which shows a cross bike that appears to have some kind of cable hanger attached to the stem. Can I get one of these, so I can get my stem even lower, or is it some custom thing? (A fork crown mounted one doesn't work with the Racer brakes.)

Tektro Front cable hanger, 25.4mm deep drop - blk