Stem suggs?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Pete Biggs, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    I need a stem quick. My road bike one is out of action due to a stripped thread - may get
    replaced/repaired, but in the meantime.........

    Apart from LBS and all the dealers I list below, can you recommend anywhere I could browse for cheap
    but decent road stems? Any model recommendations/warnings would be welcome too.

    Requirements: under £30, ahead, front opening, 90mm, 100 degrees (aka 10 deg rise) or 80/100
    flippable or an 80 that doesn't look too stupid upside down, for 25.8/26.0 bars and 1" steerer or
    with shim for one. Might consider getting shim separately, maybe also 78 deg. Stiffness and
    reliability (and even looks) more important than weight although wound prefer one under 230g (most
    are so it's hardly an issue).

    Already looked through/considering this lot: Parkers, Settle, Deeside, G Buttler, Xpedia, SJS,
    Wiggle, Total Cycling, Evans, Edinburgh.

    ~PB

    Tags:

  2. Simon Galgut

    Simon Galgut Guest

    > I need a stem quick. My road bike one is out of action due to a stripped thread - may get
    > replaced/repaired, but in the meantime.........

    I use a 3T 'The Stem' on my SS roadbike. Seems OK and very cheap too

    Regards Simon

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Definitely. And stem that Mike Barson at the same time.

  4. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Simon Galgut wrote:
    > I use a 3T 'The Stem' on my SS roadbike. Seems OK and very cheap too

    I wouldn't mind one of those. Trouble is, they don't make them in 9cm. They're only 8, 10, 11,
    etc. Annoying!

    thanks ~PB

  5. David Gillbe

    David Gillbe Guest

    I used cyclestuff, www.cyclestuff.co.uk recently, and excellent service, don't know if they've got
    what your looking for, but I thouroghly recommend for all bike related things. ta ta for now Dave

  6. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Eddie Dubourg wrote:

    >>> Ok, enough of this - a joke's a joke, but it seems as though you've taken it One Step Beyond
    >>> where it ought to have ended....
    >> Now now, David, don't have a Cardiac Arrest.
    > This is just getting too nutty for me. It's okay treating the newsgroup like the house of fun, but
    > frankly, with these puns, you're an embarassment. Next we'll be having threads on the benefits of
    > baggy trousers - or baggy bibs.

    Now that really /would/ be madness.

    --
    Guy
    ===

  7. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

  8. "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > Definitely. And stem that Mike Barson at the same time.
    >
    > Bash him on the head with a plastic cup.

    Ok, enough of this - a joke's a joke, but it seems as though you've taken it One Step Beyond where
    it ought to have ended....

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

  9. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    David E. Belcher wrote:

    >>> Definitely. And stem that Mike Barson at the same time.
    >> Bash him on the head with a plastic cup.
    > Ok, enough of this - a joke's a joke, but it seems as though you've taken it One Step Beyond where
    > it ought to have ended....

    Now now, David, don't have a Cardiac Arrest.

    --
    Guy
    ===

    news:[email protected]...