Stem suggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pete Biggs

I need a stem quick. My road bike one is out of action due to a stripped thread - may get
replaced/repaired, but in the meantime.........

Apart from LBS and all the dealers I list below, can you recommend anywhere I could browse for cheap
but decent road stems? Any model recommendations/warnings would be welcome too.

Requirements: under £30, ahead, front opening, 90mm, 100 degrees (aka 10 deg rise) or 80/100
flippable or an 80 that doesn't look too stupid upside down, for 25.8/26.0 bars and 1" steerer or
with shim for one. Might consider getting shim separately, maybe also 78 deg. Stiffness and
reliability (and even looks) more important than weight although wound prefer one under 230g (most
are so it's hardly an issue).

Already looked through/considering this lot: Parkers, Settle, Deeside, G Buttler, Xpedia, SJS,
Wiggle, Total Cycling, Evans, Edinburgh.

~PB

"Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I need a stem quick. My road bike one is out of action due to a stripped thread - may get
> replaced/repaired, but in the meantime.........
>

I use a 3T 'The Stem' on my SS roadbike. Seems OK and very cheap too

Regards Simon

Definitely. And stem that Mike Barson at the same time.

Simon Galgut wrote:
> I use a 3T 'The Stem' on my SS roadbike. Seems OK and very cheap too

I wouldn't mind one of those. Trouble is, they don't make them in 9cm. They're only 8, 10, 11,
etc. Annoying!

thanks ~PB

I used cyclestuff, www.cyclestuff.co.uk recently, and excellent service, don't know if they've got
what your looking for, but I thouroghly recommend for all bike related things. ta ta for now Dave

Eddie Dubourg wrote:

>>>>> Definitely. And stem that Mike Barson at the same time.
>>>> Bash him on the head with a plastic cup.
>>> Ok, enough of this - a joke's a joke, but it seems as though you've taken it One Step Beyond
>>> where it ought to have ended....
>> Now now, David, don't have a Cardiac Arrest.
> This is just getting too nutty for me. It's okay treating the newsgroup like the house of fun, but
> frankly, with these puns, you're an embarassment. Next we'll be having threads on the benefits of
> baggy trousers - or baggy bibs.

Now that really /would/ be madness.

--
Guy
===
I wonder if you wouldn't mind piecing out our imperfections with your thoughts; and while you're
about it perhaps you could think when we talk of bicycles, that you see them printing their proud
wheels i' the receiving earth; thanks awfully.

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#103 http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#104

"Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > Definitely. And stem that Mike Barson at the same time.
>
> Bash him on the head with a plastic cup.
>

Ok, enough of this - a joke's a joke, but it seems as though you've taken it One Step Beyond where
it ought to have ended....

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

David E. Belcher wrote:

>>> Definitely. And stem that Mike Barson at the same time.
>> Bash him on the head with a plastic cup.
> Ok, enough of this - a joke's a joke, but it seems as though you've taken it One Step Beyond where
> it ought to have ended....

Now now, David, don't have a Cardiac Arrest.

--
Guy
===
I wonder if you wouldn't mind piecing out our imperfections with your thoughts; and while you're
about it perhaps you could think when we talk of bicycles, that you see them printing their proud
wheels i' the receiving earth; thanks awfully.

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#103 http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#104

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> David E. Belcher wrote:
>
> >>> Definitely. And stem that Mike Barson at the same time.
> >> Bash him on the head with a plastic cup.
> > Ok, enough of this - a joke's a joke, but it seems as though you've taken it One Step Beyond
> > where it ought to have ended....
>
> Now now, David, don't have a Cardiac Arrest.
>
This is just getting too nutty for me. It's okay treating the newsgroup like the house of fun, but
frankly, with these puns, you're an embarassment. Next we'll be having threads on the benefits of
baggy trousers - or baggy bibs.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.