stepping up to my second road bike

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by jasonshybrid, Sep 12, 2011.

1. jasonshybrid

jasonshybrid New Member

so ive really gotten into biking lately, taking my longest ride last saturday, 30.2 miles, with a few hills in between. now i want to get a road bike, or at least a hybrid leaning towards road, but need a little advice. i looked at a trek 7.2 at a local bike shop, but i want to get the most distance for my pedal, as i plan on doing more riding, including a 38 mile trip this saturday. can you guys point me in the right direction. what features do i want for more road efficency, and what are the steps up that i get once i leave the $400 entry bike price range?

Tags:

2. Myosmith

Myosmith Member

700c high-quality wheels that will take a fairly narrow road tire
    Proper fit
    Good seat that is comfortable but not overly cushy or too wide

Don't get a base model, put in a few hundred dollars more for a mid-range or better component package. You'll thank me later.

Style an options will depend on your riding preferences such as racing, pleasure/fitness, touring, etc. Remember that "hybrid" means adequate but not excellent in two or more categories of riding.

3. vspa

vspa Active Member

Trek 2.1 is already a road bike keeper, Shimano 105 10 speed and all,
    if you are on a budget Trek 1.1 is looking good at almost half the price, going down to 8 speed,

if you are new to cycling and have hilly terrain in your area think about a compact crank 50 / 34 ,
    in the shop they can arrange that for you,

also ask for help in fit, a bike must be customized for you, tweaking stems, seatpost length, saddle position, etc.

4. vspa

vspa Active Member

+1

5. dmg165

dmg165 New Member

i need a road bike in my home land Lahore. can any body tell me that where can i find the bike in Lahore or Pakistan?