Steroids, Creatine & other supplements

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Google Beta User, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. When physical specimens like Brock Lesnar, Batista or HHH, are spoken
    about, it is often assumed that they use steroids. Why is it so?

    Is it not possible to get a Venice Beach type body without supplements?
    Especially for example, if one uses Periodization or other such methods
    in their training.

    Also, why are steroids illegal anyway. Unlike cocaine, for example, it
    is not a drug that impairs rational thinking. I do not understand why
    steroids should be illegal wheras Creatine wouldn't be.

    On a related note - why are steroids often associated with injuries?

    Tags:

  2. tony kujawa

    tony kujawa Guest

    "Google Beta User" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > When physical specimens like Brock Lesnar, Batista or HHH, are spoken
    > about, it is often assumed that they use steroids. Why is it so?
    >
    > Is it not possible to get a Venice Beach type body without supplements?

    No.

  3. Ed

    Ed Guest

    Google Beta User wrote:
    > When physical specimens like Brock Lesnar, Batista or HHH, are spoken
    > about, it is often assumed that they use steroids. Why is it so?

    Well for one, the WWE has had a history of steroid use among their
    wrestlers. Secondly, size and strength are considered two very
    important traits in their business. I'm sure there's a lot of pressure
    put on them just like NFL and MLB players.

    > Is it not possible to get a Venice Beach type body without supplements?
    > Especially for example, if one uses Periodization or other such methods
    > in their training.

    If you have the right genetics, the right training, the right feeding
    and adequate rest, I don't see why you couldn't have a good build but a
    good build is really subjective in my mind. Can you look like Ronnie
    Coleman without supplements even if you have the right genetics? I
    doubt it.

    > Also, why are steroids illegal anyway. Unlike cocaine, for example, it
    > is not a drug that impairs rational thinking. I do not understand why
    > steroids should be illegal wheras Creatine wouldn't be.

    Well, like cocaine, steroids have been shown to have negative effects on
    one's health in the long term so government agencies make it illegal in
    order to "protect" their citizens.

    --
    Ed
    http://www.spweights.com

  4. Google Beta User wrote:
    > When physical specimens like Brock Lesnar, Batista or HHH, are spoken
    > about, it is often assumed that they use steroids. Why is it so?

    Because they all are heavy juicers.

    > Is it not possible to get a Venice Beach type body without

    supplements?
    > Especially for example, if one uses Periodization or other such

    methods
    > in their training.

    Technically, if you have *SUPERB* genetics, you can theoretically get a
    Venice Beach type body naturally. If you look at the guys who win the
    national natural bodybuilding competitions, they are absolutely cut and
    they do it without the use of steroids. They guys (1) have
    unbelievable genetics and (2) devote their LIVES to working out.

    For the other 99.999% of us who don't have such genetics and don't have
    time to workout 5-6 hours a day, you will never get "Venice Beach"
    ripped without the aid of steroids.

    > Also, why are steroids illegal anyway. Unlike cocaine, for example,

    it
    > is not a drug that impairs rational thinking. I do not understand

    why
    > steroids should be illegal wheras Creatine wouldn't be.

    Don't ask me to defend this nation's drug policy. However, there are
    costs to taking steroids. I've known people that have been into them,
    and it does affect their personalities. Steroids are addicting in that
    its hard to go natural after having used them. When you get 3x the
    gain for working 1/2 as much, it's hard to go back to busting your ass
    for small gains. I've never taking them because I simply don't want
    that physique, I have no moral or ethical judgment on those who do.
    It's their choice.

    > On a related note - why are steroids often associated with injuries?

    Because the muscles grow quicker than the tendons and ligaments that
    support them.

    J.Foley.
    -Contributing to the post count from Google.

  5. ViNNY

    ViNNY Guest

    Google Beta User wrote:
    > When physical specimens like Brock Lesnar, Batista or HHH, are spoken
    > about, it is often assumed that they use steroids. Why is it so?
    >
    > Is it not possible to get a Venice Beach type body without supplements?
    > Especially for example, if one uses Periodization or other such methods
    > in their training.

    John Cena used to win all-natural bodybuilding competitions. His type of
    body is about as good as you can hope for without being a genuine
    genetic freak and without taking anything.

    > Also, why are steroids illegal anyway. Unlike cocaine, for example, it
    > is not a drug that impairs rational thinking. I do not understand why
    > steroids should be illegal wheras Creatine wouldn't be.

    Steroids are a prescription drug that can be used in small amounts to
    help recovery from muscle damage, or even with acne problems. They are
    not designed to be consumed in vast quantities to pack on massive
    amounts of extra muscle, and when you do that you do just as much damage
    to your body as any other illegal drug.

    > On a related note - why are steroids often associated with injuries?

    The freakish amounts of muscle a guy like HHH builds through using
    steroids, HGH etc is too much, basically. The muscle fiber is there, but
    it's not particularly "good" muscle, and so it's prone to tearing much
    more than healthy muscle is. This is how both Hunter and Vince managed
    to tear their quads just by walking.

    -Vin

  6. Lord Hatred

    Lord Hatred Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    ViNNY <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Google Beta User wrote:

    > > On a related note - why are steroids often associated with injuries?

    > The freakish amounts of muscle a guy like HHH builds through using
    > steroids, HGH etc is too much, basically. The muscle fiber is there, but
    > it's not particularly "good" muscle, and so it's prone to tearing much
    > more than healthy muscle is. This is how both Hunter and Vince managed
    > to tear their quads just by walking.

    Let's be fair here. Vince tore his standing up. HHH and Nash tore
    their walking. And Batista tore his bicep doing a clothesline then again
    jogging with his wife.

  7. Will Brink

    Will Brink Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Google Beta User" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > When physical specimens like Brock Lesnar, Batista or HHH,

    Who?

    > are spoken
    > about, it is often assumed that they use steroids. Why is it so?
    >
    > Is it not possible to get a Venice Beach type body without supplements?

    Define "Venice Beach type body"

    > Especially for example, if one uses Periodization or other such methods
    > in their training.
    >
    > Also, why are steroids illegal anyway.

    To save the children of course!

    > Unlike cocaine, for example, it
    > is not a drug that impairs rational thinking.

    Err, that could be argued but yes, "roid rage" is more a myth then a
    fact.

    > I do not understand why
    > steroids should be illegal wheras Creatine wouldn't be.

    Long story dude.

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

  8. Will Brink

    Will Brink Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] wrote:

    > Google Beta User wrote:
    > > When physical specimens like Brock Lesnar, Batista or HHH, are spoken
    > > about, it is often assumed that they use steroids. Why is it so?

    > Because they all are heavy juicers.
    >
    > > Is it not possible to get a Venice Beach type body without

    > supplements?
    > > Especially for example, if one uses Periodization or other such

    > methods
    > > in their training.

    > Technically, if you have *SUPERB* genetics, you can theoretically get a
    > Venice Beach type body naturally. If you look at the guys who win the
    > national natural bodybuilding competitions, they are absolutely cut and
    > they do it without the use of steroids.

    Bwa ha ha! That's funny. If you only knew....

    --

  9. Will Brink wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > > Google Beta User wrote:
    > > > When physical specimens like Brock Lesnar, Batista or HHH, are

    spoken
    > > > about, it is often assumed that they use steroids. Why is it so?

    > > Because they all are heavy juicers.
    > >
    > > > Is it not possible to get a Venice Beach type body without

    > > supplements?
    > > > Especially for example, if one uses Periodization or other such

    > > methods
    > > > in their training.

    > > Technically, if you have *SUPERB* genetics, you can theoretically

    get a
    > > Venice Beach type body naturally. If you look at the guys who win

    the
    > > national natural bodybuilding competitions, they are absolutely cut

    and
    > > they do it without the use of steroids.

    > Bwa ha ha! That's funny. If you only knew....

    When Woody Strode was around, there were no Steroids. He was jacked to
    the moon.

    > --
    > Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

  10. Will Brink

    Will Brink Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "David E. Powell" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Will Brink wrote:
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > [email protected] wrote:

    > spoken
    > > >
    > > > Because they all are heavy juicers.

    > > > supplements?
    > > > methods
    > > >
    > > > Technically, if you have *SUPERB* genetics, you can theoretically

    > get a
    > > > Venice Beach type body naturally. If you look at the guys who win

    > the
    > > > national natural bodybuilding competitions, they are absolutely cut

    > and
    > > > they do it without the use of steroids.

    > > Bwa ha ha! That's funny. If you only knew....

    > When Woody Strode was around, there were no Steroids.

    That would be wrong.

    > He was jacked to
    > the moon.

    He was lean with some decent muscle for the time, but far far from
    "jacked."

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

  11. Gooserider

    Gooserider Guest

    "Google Beta User" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > When physical specimens like Brock Lesnar, Batista or HHH, are spoken
    > about, it is often assumed that they use steroids. Why is it so?
    >
    > Is it not possible to get a Venice Beach type body without supplements?
    > Especially for example, if one uses Periodization or other such methods
    > in their training.

    Not if one is a wrestler on the road 300+ days a year. These guys are
    HYOOGE, and the pro bodybuilders who get that big pretty much just train,
    eat, and sleep. Wrestlers can't exactly do that.

  12. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    ViNNY wrote:

    > Steroids are a prescription drug

    where you are

    > that can be used in small amounts to
    > help recovery from muscle damage, or even with acne problems.

    among a great many other things

    > They are
    > not designed

    And how many 'designers' have you spoken to? what about the original
    designers? Do you have long talks with Mother Nature and God?

    > to be consumed in vast quantities

    What about small to moderate quantities? Or is the world black and white
    for you?

    > to pack on massive
    > amounts of extra muscle, and when you do that you do just as much damage
    > to your body as any other illegal drug.

    So testosterone = heroin....time for you to cut off that remaining
    shrivelled testicle of yours!

    >> On a related note - why are steroids often associated with injuries?

    > The freakish amounts of muscle a guy like HHH builds through using
    > steroids, HGH etc is too much, basically. The muscle fiber is there, but
    > it's not particularly "good" muscle,

    Lol! Is that what was written on the toilet paper after you finished
    wiping? (assuming you even use paper)

    > and so it's prone to tearing much
    > more than healthy muscle is.

    There is a real explaination for this, but you're pulling this out of
    your bum.

    To be fair, I consider AAS used in sports where they are banned as
    cheating and a reprhensible practice.

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  13. Will Brink <[email protected]> wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Google Beta User" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> When physical specimens like Brock Lesnar, Batista or HHH,

    > Who?

    No, his physique tended more to the "barrel-chested" variety -- a lot
    of innate strength due to his frame, but not much muscular definition.

    -Poot
    Also, he had a goatee.

  14. Robert Schuh

    Robert Schuh Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    >Google Beta User wrote:
    >

    >>When physical specimens like Brock Lesnar, Batista or HHH, are spoken
    >>about, it is often assumed that they use steroids. Why is it so?
    >>

    >Because they all are heavy juicers.
    >

    >>Is it not possible to get a Venice Beach type body without
    >>

    >supplements?
    >

    >>Especially for example, if one uses Periodization or other such
    >>

    >methods
    >

    >>in their training.
    >>

    >Technically, if you have *SUPERB* genetics, you can theoretically get a
    >Venice Beach type body naturally. If you look at the guys who win the
    >national natural bodybuilding competitions, they are absolutely cut and
    >they do it without the use of steroids. They guys (1) have
    >unbelievable genetics and (2) devote their LIVES to working out.
    >
    >For the other 99.999% of us who don't have such genetics and don't have
    >time to workout 5-6 hours a day, you will never get "Venice Beach"
    >ripped without the aid of steroids.
    >

    >>Also, why are steroids illegal anyway. Unlike cocaine, for example,
    >>

    >it
    >

    >>is not a drug that impairs rational thinking. I do not understand
    >>

    >why
    >

    >>steroids should be illegal wheras Creatine wouldn't be.
    >>

    >Don't ask me to defend this nation's drug policy. However, there are
    >costs to taking steroids. I've known people that have been into them,
    >and it does affect their personalities.

    Jack,
    You are a moron. There is no such thing as "roid rage." It is painfully
    obvious that you know NOTHING about anabolic steroids, so why comment?

    > Steroids are addicting in that
    >its hard to go natural after having used them.

    More lies.

    > When you get 3x the
    >gain for working 1/2 as much, it's hard to go back to busting your ass
    >for small gains.

    Once again, more lies. You have to train harder for steroids to work.
    They allow you to train harder and recuperate faster. Stop commenting on
    things that you know NOTHING about. Moron.

    >I've never taking them because I simply don't want
    >that physique, I have no moral or ethical judgment on those who do.
    >It's their choice.
    >

    >>On a related note - why are steroids often associated with injuries?
    >>

    >Because the muscles grow quicker than the tendons and ligaments that
    >support them.
    >

    >J.Foley.
    >-Contributing to the post count from Google.

    You are a complete moron, so PLEASE shut your pie hole.

    Robert Schuh
    - Nietzsche

  15. Robert Schuh

    Robert Schuh Guest

    ViNNY wrote:

    > Google Beta User wrote:
    >
    >> When physical specimens like Brock Lesnar, Batista or HHH, are spoken
    >> about, it is often assumed that they use steroids. Why is it so?
    >>
    >> Is it not possible to get a Venice Beach type body without supplements?
    >> Especially for example, if one uses Periodization or other such methods
    >> in their training.

    > John Cena used to win all-natural bodybuilding competitions. His type
    > of body is about as good as you can hope for without being a genuine
    > genetic freak and without taking anything.
    >
    >> Also, why are steroids illegal anyway. Unlike cocaine, for example, it
    >> is not a drug that impairs rational thinking. I do not understand why
    >> steroids should be illegal wheras Creatine wouldn't be.

    > Steroids are a prescription drug that can be used in small amounts to
    > help recovery from muscle damage, or even with acne problems. They are
    > not designed to be consumed in vast quantities to pack on massive
    > amounts of extra muscle, and when you do that you do just as much
    > damage to your body as any other illegal drug.

    Really moron? Where are your facts??

    >> On a related note - why are steroids often associated with injuries?

    > The freakish amounts of muscle a guy like HHH builds through using
    > steroids, HGH etc is too much, basically. The muscle fiber is there,
    > but it's not particularly "good" muscle, and so it's prone to tearing
    > much more than healthy muscle is. This is how both Hunter and Vince
    > managed to tear their quads just by walking.
    >
    > -Vin

    Why do morons like you comment on steroids when you know NOTHING about
    them??

    Robert Schuh
    - Nietzsche

  16. Robert Schuh

    Robert Schuh Guest

    Gooserider wrote:

    >"Google Beta User" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >

    >>When physical specimens like Brock Lesnar, Batista or HHH, are spoken
    >>about, it is often assumed that they use steroids. Why is it so?
    >>
    >>Is it not possible to get a Venice Beach type body without supplements?
    >>Especially for example, if one uses Periodization or other such methods
    >>in their training.
    >>

    >Not if one is a wrestler on the road 300+ days a year. These guys are
    >HYOOGE, and the pro bodybuilders who get that big pretty much just train,
    >eat, and sleep. Wrestlers can't exactly do that.

    Wrestlers are small compared to top bodybuilders.

    Robert Schuh
    - Nietzsche

  17. Freezer

    Freezer Guest

    If I don't reply to this Robert Schuh post, the terrorists win.

    >>Don't ask me to defend this nation's drug policy. However, there
    >>are costs to taking steroids. I've known people that have been
    >>into them, and it does affect their personalities.
    >>

    > Jack,
    > You are a moron. There is no such thing as "roid rage." It is
    > painfully obvious that you know NOTHING about anabolic steroids,
    > so why comment?

    So the dozens of studies, hundreds of doctors, and thousands of
    first-hand testimonials about "roid rage" are all made up, are they?

    Methinks the roidhead doth protest too much.

    --
    My name is:
    ____ _

    And my anti-drug is porn.
    http://www.geocities.com/mysterysciencefreezer

  18. Freezer

    Freezer Guest

    If I don't reply to this Robert Schuh post, the terrorists win.

    >> Steroids are a prescription drug that can be used in small
    >> amounts to help recovery from muscle damage, or even with acne
    >> problems. They are not designed to be consumed in vast quantities
    >> to pack on massive amounts of extra muscle, and when you do that
    >> you do just as much damage to your body as any other illegal
    >> drug.

    > Really moron? Where are your facts??

    http://www.hormone.org/learn/abuse_1.html
    http://tinyurl.com/5vyfj
    http://www.steroid.com/side.php
    http://www.sportsci.org/encyc/anabstereff/anabstereff.html

    Oh, and Ken Caminiti and Lyle Alzado say "hi."

    Or they would if they weren't dead.

    --
    My name is:
    ____ _

    And my anti-drug is porn.
    http://www.geocities.com/mysterysciencefreezer

  19. Freezer

    Freezer Guest

    If I don't reply to this Robert Schuh post, the terrorists win.

    >>Not if one is a wrestler on the road 300+ days a year. These guys
    >>are HYOOGE, and the pro bodybuilders who get that big pretty much
    >>just train, eat, and sleep. Wrestlers can't exactly do that.
    >>

    > Wrestlers are normal sized compared to top bodybuilders.

    Fixed.

    --
    My name is:
    ____ _

    And my anti-drug is porn.
    http://www.geocities.com/mysterysciencefreezer

  20. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    Freezer wrote:
    > If I don't reply to this Robert Schuh post, the terrorists win.
    >

    >>>Don't ask me to defend this nation's drug policy. However, there
    >>>are costs to taking steroids. I've known people that have been
    >>>into them, and it does affect their personalities.
    >>>

    >>Jack,
    >>You are a moron. There is no such thing as "roid rage." It is
    >>painfully obvious that you know NOTHING about anabolic steroids,
    >>so why comment?

    > So the dozens of studies, hundreds of doctors, and thousands of
    > first-hand testimonials about "roid rage" are all made up, are they?
    >
    > Methinks the roidhead doth protest too much.

    You end up with some people with very fragile personalities turning to
    steroids to try and improve their self esteem. These people had anger
    problems before the steroids. These folks are also of the 'I'm not
    responsible, it was <insert excuse here>' type mindset, and the steroids
    are an easy excuse. I've not experienced 'roid rage', and I suspect it's
    very similar to 'reefer madness' (the people who are coming out and
    saying that marijuana use increases the risk of developing schizophrenia
    are DELIBERATELY confusing correlation with causation to manipulate
    people for political ends, and it really really shits me when people who
    KNOW BETTER, such as doctors, decide that it's okay for them to lie to
    and manipulate people who trust them because "they know what's best for
    us"). Stop being such a sheep, Freezer.

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/