Steroids, Creatine & other supplements

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 23:28:40 -0700, Robert Schuh <[email protected]>
wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>
>>Google Beta User wrote:
>>

>>>When physical specimens like Brock Lesnar, Batista or HHH, are spoken
>>>about, it is often assumed that they use steroids. Why is it so?
>>>

>>Because they all are heavy juicers.
>>

>>>Is it not possible to get a Venice Beach type body without
>>>

>>supplements?
>>

>>>Especially for example, if one uses Periodization or other such
>>>

>>methods
>>

>>>in their training.
>>>

>>Technically, if you have *SUPERB* genetics, you can theoretically get a
>>Venice Beach type body naturally. If you look at the guys who win the
>>national natural bodybuilding competitions, they are absolutely cut and
>>they do it without the use of steroids. They guys (1) have
>>unbelievable genetics and (2) devote their LIVES to working out.
>>
>>For the other 99.999% of us who don't have such genetics and don't have
>>time to workout 5-6 hours a day, you will never get "Venice Beach"
>>ripped without the aid of steroids.
>>

>>>Also, why are steroids illegal anyway. Unlike cocaine, for example,
>>>

>>it
>>

>>>is not a drug that impairs rational thinking. I do not understand
>>>

>>why
>>

>>>steroids should be illegal wheras Creatine wouldn't be.
>>>

>>Don't ask me to defend this nation's drug policy. However, there are
>>costs to taking steroids. I've known people that have been into them,
>>and it does affect their personalities.
>>

>Jack,
>You are a moron. There is no such thing as "roid rage." It is painfully
>obvious that you know NOTHING about anabolic steroids, so why comment?

Given the number of people you have dubbed "moron", and the general
tone of your offerings Rob, it is apparent that "roid rage" is alive
and well.

However, given that you are unlikely to be taking anabolic steroids
anymore, it can only be that *your* "roid rage" is to do with your
haemorrhoids, which must be causing you irritation!!

Give the old 'duck run' a good boogee out with a soft lavatory brush
and toilet cleaner, apply some cold cream to the orifice and sit in a
bidet of ice cold water. It will deal marvelously with the itching and
soreness and will have a consequent calming effect on your mood!!

Have a great Sunday Rob - you know I intend to!! ;o)

[I know..... I'm a "moron"!! ;o)]

In article <[email protected]>,
Freezer <[email protected]> wrote:

> If I don't reply to this Robert Schuh post, the terrorists win.
>
> >>Don't ask me to defend this nation's drug policy. However, there
> >>are costs to taking steroids. I've known people that have been
> >>into them, and it does affect their personalities.
> >>

> > Jack,
> > You are a moron. There is no such thing as "roid rage." It is
> > painfully obvious that you know NOTHING about anabolic steroids,
> > so why comment?

> So the dozens of studies, hundreds of doctors, and thousands of
> first-hand testimonials about "roid rage" are all made up, are they?

We got us a grade A first class retard here folks.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

If I don't reply to this Will Brink post, the terrorists win.

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Freezer <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> If I don't reply to this Robert Schuh post, the terrorists win.

>> > Jack,
>> > You are a moron. There is no such thing as "roid rage." It is
>> > painfully obvious that you know NOTHING about anabolic
>> > steroids, so why comment?

>> So the dozens of studies, hundreds of doctors, and thousands of
>> first-hand testimonials about "roid rage" are all made up, are
>> they?

> We got us a grade A first class retard here folks.

So could you tell me why I'm wrong in ways that don't involve 2nd-
grade class insults?

--
My name is:
____ _

And my anti-drug is ****.
http://www.geocities.com/mysterysciencefreezer

Freezer wrote:
> If I don't reply to this Will Brink post, the terrorists win.
>

>>In article <[email protected]>,
>> Freezer <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>If I don't reply to this Robert Schuh post, the terrorists win.

>>>So the dozens of studies, hundreds of doctors, and thousands of
>>>first-hand testimonials about "roid rage" are all made up, are
>>>they?

>>We got us a grade A first class retard here folks.

> So could you tell me why I'm wrong in ways that don't involve 2nd-
> grade class insults?

Why should he when I already have?

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

In article <[email protected]>,
Freezer <[email protected]> wrote:

> If I don't reply to this Will Brink post, the terrorists win.
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Freezer <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> If I don't reply to this Robert Schuh post, the terrorists win.

> >> So the dozens of studies, hundreds of doctors, and thousands of
> >> first-hand testimonials about "roid rage" are all made up, are
> >> they?

> > We got us a grade A first class retard here folks.

> So could you tell me why I'm wrong in ways that don't involve 2nd-
> grade class insults?

I would if I thought you would be able to understand it. Ask specific
well thought out questions, vs posting stupid statements, and perhaps
you will get an answer. Some how you don't strike me as a person who
wants to be confused with the facts. Let me take a WAG here and guess
you are from the wrestling part of this cross post?

--

DZ <[email protected]> wrote:

> Will Brink <[email protected]> wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Freezer <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> If I don't reply to this Robert Schuh post, the terrorists win.

> >> So the dozens of studies, hundreds of doctors, and thousands of
> >> first-hand testimonials about "roid rage" are all made up, are they?

> > We got us a grade A first class retard here folks.

> What about double-blind studies? Add me to the retard list.
> http://www.nida.nih.gov/NIDA_Notes/NNVol15N4/Study.html

You kidding or being sarcastic? You strike me as way too smart to fall
for a "study" this silly with an n = 3...

--

spodosaurus <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote:

> DZ wrote:
> > Will Brink <[email protected]> wrote:

> >>We got us a grade A first class retard here folks.

> > What about double-blind studies? Add me to the retard list.
> > http://www.nida.nih.gov/NIDA_Notes/NNVol15N4/Study.html
> >
> > DZ

> This is another example of (possibly) poor science, poor reporting, or
> possibly both. I say possibly in front of 'poor science' because what
> you cited was a WRITER'S 'impression' of what the actual study covered.

All of Pope's "research" is like that. He's a psychologist not a
scientist. He means well and is actually a nice guy, but...

--

DZ <[email protected]> wrote:

> What about double-blind studies? Add me to the retard list.
> http://www.nida.nih.gov/NIDA_Notes/NNl15N4/Study.html

PS; This is probably the most unbiased and accurate review on the topic
so far:

Street. C., Antonio A., and Cudlipp, D. "Androgen Use by Athletes: A
Reevaluation of the Health Risks." Can. J. Appl. Phys. 21(6): 421-440.
1996.

I don't recall if they cover psych issues as it's been a while since I
read it.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

If I don't reply to this Will Brink post, the terrorists win.

>> So could you tell me why I'm wrong in ways that don't involve
>> 2nd- grade class insults?

> I would if I thought you would be able to understand it. Ask
> specific well thought out questions, vs posting stupid statements,
> and perhaps you will get an answer

"Tell me why I'm wrong" isn't a specific question?

--
My name is:
____ _

And my anti-drug is ****.
http://www.geocities.com/mysterysciencefreezer

"Lord Hatred" <[email protected]> wrote

> Roid rage is 100% real. I saw this documentary about a pair of
> physically handicapped kids training for the Special Olympics. One of
> the kids decided to take steroids and just went insane with the roid
> rage beating up his friend and his girlfriend. At the end of the
> documentary the kid realized what the steroids were doing to him and
> even addressed a few baseball players as well. It was sickening and
> really showed the effects that steroids can have on a person. It was a
> real eye opener.

:)))

That is, without a doubt, the FUNNIEST single paragraph I have read in a
LONG time!!

David

In article <LVl%[email protected]>,
"David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Lord Hatred" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > Roid rage is 100% real. I saw this documentary about a pair of
> > physically handicapped kids training for the Special Olympics. One of
> > the kids decided to take steroids and just went insane with the roid
> > rage beating up his friend and his girlfriend. At the end of the
> > documentary the kid realized what the steroids were doing to him and
> > even addressed a few baseball players as well. It was sickening and
> > really showed the effects that steroids can have on a person. It was a
> > real eye opener.

> :)))
>
> That is, without a doubt, the FUNNIEST single paragraph I have read in a
> LONG time!!

One would hope it was a joke, but it looks like he actually means it.

--

DZ <[email protected]> wrote:

> Will Brink <[email protected]> wrote:
> > DZ wrote:
> >> Will Brink <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> What about double-blind studies? Add me to the retard list.
> >> http://www.nida.nih.gov/NIDA_Notes/NNVol15N4/Study.html

> > You kidding or being sarcastic? You strike me as way too smart to fall
> > for a "study" this silly with an n = 3...

> None of the studies described are n=3. If you're trying to educate the
> public you're not doing a good job, this time.

What ever.The "study" is a joke and you know it. If not, that's fine too.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

In article <[email protected]>,
Freezer <[email protected]> wrote:

> If I don't reply to this Will Brink post, the terrorists win.
>
> >> So could you tell me why I'm wrong in ways that don't involve
> >> 2nd- grade class insults?

> > I would if I thought you would be able to understand it. Ask
> > specific well thought out questions, vs posting stupid statements,
> > and perhaps you will get an answer

> "Tell me why I'm wrong" isn't a specific question?

No grasshapa, it's not.

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

If I don't reply to this Will Brink post, the terrorists win.

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Freezer <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> If I don't reply to this Will Brink post, the terrorists win.

>> > I would if I thought you would be able to understand it. Ask
>> > specific well thought out questions, vs posting stupid
>> > statements, and perhaps you will get an answer

>> "Tell me why I'm wrong" isn't a specific question?

> No grasshapa, it's not.

Hmm... Apparently steroids make you beligerent, dismissive, and
defensive, as well.

--
My name is:
____ _

And my anti-drug is ****.
http://www.geocities.com/mysterysciencefreezer

"Will Brink" <[email protected]> wrote
> "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Lord Hatred" <[email protected]> wrote
>>
>> > Roid rage is 100% real. I saw this documentary about a pair of
>> > physically handicapped kids training for the Special Olympics. One of
>> > the kids decided to take steroids and just went insane with the roid
>> > rage beating up his friend and his girlfriend. At the end of the
>> > documentary the kid realized what the steroids were doing to him and
>> > even addressed a few baseball players as well. It was sickening and
>> > really showed the effects that steroids can have on a person. It was a
>> > real eye opener.

>> :)))
>>
>> That is, without a doubt, the FUNNIEST single paragraph I have read in a
>> LONG time!!

> One would hope it was a joke, but it looks like he actually means it.

Oh, I'm sure he meant it. That just makes it all the funnier.

David

After I have killfiled all the roidheads with shrunken balls and ISP
snobs with shrunken minds, I may actually continue to read this group.

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:19:40 -0600, GWB <[email protected]> wrote:

>After I have killfiled all the roidheads with shrunken balls and ISP
>snobs with shrunken minds, I may actually continue to read this group.

Nice try, but you're on cox, sucker.

-----------
Proton Soup

"And all this peace has been deceiving,
I need some wind to get me sailing"

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:03:45 -0600, GWB <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:46:21 -0600, Proton Soup <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>Nice try, but you're on cox, sucker.

>Does that mean I'm not a moron?!? <G>

I guess not. ;)