Stickers on Bontrager Race-X-Lite wheels

Aernout

Oct 11, 2003
I don't like the red stickers on the Race-X-Lite wheels. I wonder if they can be removed without damaging the black paint on the wheels.

Are there any Race-Lite owners here who have experience with removing these stickers?

Originally posted by Aernout
I don't like the red stickers on the Race-X-Lite wheels. I wonder if they can be removed without damaging the black paint on the wheels.

Are there any Race-Lite owners here who have experience with removing these stickers?
I own a pair of Race X Lite wheels. In fact I removed the red sticker part just by peeling it. It comes off very easy. I think the wheel looks meaner now.

Originally posted by insmanblue
I own a pair of Race X Lite wheels. In fact I removed the red sticker part just by peeling it. It comes off very easy. I think the wheel looks meaner now.

Cool! :)
I'll try the same thing when I get my wheels

Originally posted by Aernout

Here is how we remove stickers in racing world. We use a heat gun. I would try a blow dryer and heat only as needed to remove the sticker. The plastic sticker will get soft and just heat up a little area at a time. (take tire off first) Any glue left use Goo Gone then lighter fluid to clean the rim. I hope this helps. Funny I saw this because I just bought a set of these rims a couple hours ago...good luck.

Never mind the stickers! How do they ride? I'm about to buy a pair, so any info very welcome.:rolleyes:

drdoug said:
Never mind the stickers! How do they ride? I'm about to buy a pair, so any info very welcome.:rolleyes:
Compared to the Ksyriums I sometimes ride, the Race x provide a softer ride and are lighter. I prefer them over the K's. I owned my Race x for a couple of years and never had any issues with it and I weight 220 lbs.

I have race x lite wheels and thought about removing the stickers. Does anyone have any pics of the wheels sans stickers? I would like to see what they look like before peelin' em off.

birdman23 said:
I have race x lite wheels and thought about removing the stickers. Does anyone have any pics of the wheels sans stickers? I would like to see what they look like before peelin' em off.
Close your eyes and think real hard,unless it hurts your brain too much.

boudreaux said:
Close your eyes and think real hard,unless it hurts your brain too much.
Yawn. The only question I have is how bad does your brain hurt after coming up with that witty reply?

Sarcasm aside does anyone have any pics?