Stiff Suspension Problem

redbacks

Dec 3, 2006
Hi, my MTB has front suspension on the fork, i've had it a few years now and recently went bush bashing with the boys and damn it was rough of the ol' bum, anyone have any ideas how to loosen the ride up a bit?

Other than buying a full sus bike I'd say get out of the saddle and use your legs and arms to soak up the rough stuff. Wear padding as well (as in knicks).

redbacks said:
Hi, my MTB has front suspension on the fork, i've had it a few years now and recently went bush bashing with the boys and damn it was rough of the ol' bum, anyone have any ideas how to loosen the ride up a bit?
got just 2 words 4 ya...

SUSPENSION SEATPOST.

Some thoughts on an upgrade.
I cracked the swingarm on my scott full/sus recentlly and while waiting on replacement parts, Had to dig out my semi rigid,Holy cow after the first ride i had carpell tunell sydrome in the one arm and my butt had a crack in it.
So i put my decent front shocks on the semi to ugrade its performance and while it made a huge difference it didn't touch the benefits of the full sus.
Besides the obvious benefit of absorbing the strain on your butt,the full sus gives an overall better ride,the back wheel tracks beter on loose terain and feels much safer.The front sock with the benifit of the rear shock performs twice as well as it does on the semi.THE SCOTT has the luxuary of being able to lock out the rear sus so it doesn't bob on the climbs.
Man am i happy to have full suss under my butt again.:)