Still Dialing in Strada with M5

Stratrider

Guest
Now in my second season with my Strada I find myself still
dialing in the steering and seat position and angle. Towards
the end of last season I cut off about 1 inch of riser from
the steering assembly (at the suggestion of Jude, the wheel
doctor). Last night I cut off another inch. I am getting
close. Just a few weeks ago I raised the angle on the M5
seat a bit. I think I may have been too aggressive to fast
in my desire to lay the seat back! I am definitely feeling
more secure in this slightly more upright position. As I
look forward, I wonder if others are having similar
experiences dialin in their high racer.

Jim Reilly Reading, PA

[email protected] (stratrider) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Now in my second season with my Strada I find myself still
> dialing in the steering and seat position and angle.
> Towards the end of last season I cut off about 1 inch of
> riser from the steering assembly (at the suggestion of
> Jude, the wheel doctor). Last night I cut off another
> inch. I am getting close. Just a few weeks ago I raised
> the angle on the M5 seat a bit. I think I may have been
> too aggressive to fast in my desire to lay the seat back!
> I am definitely feeling more secure in this slightly more
> upright position. As I look forward, I wonder if others
> are having similar experiences dialin in their high racer.
>
> Jim Reilly Reading, PA

Regarding your increased comfort level with a more upright
seat position, I have a P-38 which is a very upright seat,
with hardly any range to adjust the seat back. I like this
position for hill climbing. But as I get older I have found
myself wishing that I could recline the seat further back,
particularily on long rides, to minimize compression on my
spine. When I had a V-2 I really enjoyed the range it
offered. Because it was easy to recline, I would change it
during rides, which really helped to lessen fatigue and back
soreness. Whether the seat is upright or reclined, I wish
there were easily installed head rests available.

Daniel Payne <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Hey Jim i've got 900 miles on my Aero, I said at the
> time i bought it that i would not change anything until
> i put 1000 miles on it. I like to tinker... that said i
> am thinking of adjusting the position of the bars. my
> legs are long compared to my upper body and this makes
> for a very streched out position for my arms, which gets
> a little tiresome after about 50 miles. Regards Daniel
> in SE Pa.

Hey Dan.... Saw you posting reply to my little dissertation
on my Strada. I am jealous! The Aero was beyond my budget
(that is assuming I wanted to stay married!). It would be
great to hook up and ride together some weekend. I ride a
number of various loops through Amish Country. Another ride
I enjoy though I haven't ridden there yet this year is
taking the Schuylkill River Trail from Oaks/Audobon to
Boathouse Row, Fairmont Park, and the Art Museum and back.
Let me know if you're interested in riding some weekend.
Saturdays are best for me. You can email me at
[email protected].

Jim