Still eating Barbs rhubarb custard cake!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Sarah, Jul 11, 2005.

  1. Sarah

    Sarah Guest

    I've made it with rhubarb, cherries, tinned cherries and tinned rhubarb, in
    muffin tins and as a cake! All are totally addictive, and I must have gained
    at least a couple of pounds! This group should carry a warning, that self
    discipline is essential!
    (Even the husband who doesn't like rhubarb was caught snacking on a rhubarb
    custard muffin!)
    Sarah

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, "Sarah"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I've made it with rhubarb, cherries, tinned cherries and tinned
    > rhubarb, in muffin tins and as a cake! All are totally addictive, and
    > I must have gained at least a couple of pounds! This group should
    > carry a warning, that self discipline is essential! (Even the husband
    > who doesn't like rhubarb was caught snacking on a rhubarb custard
    > muffin!)

    > Sarah

    ROFL!! Glad you're enjoying it. How'd you do them in muffin tins?
    Sounds like an interesting idea.
    --
    -Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 7/8/05 WeBeJammin'!

  3. Sarah

    Sarah Guest

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>, "Sarah"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I've made it with rhubarb, cherries, tinned cherries and tinned
    >> rhubarb, in muffin tins and as a cake! All are totally addictive, and
    >> I must have gained at least a couple of pounds! This group should
    >> carry a warning, that self discipline is essential! (Even the husband
    >> who doesn't like rhubarb was caught snacking on a rhubarb custard
    >> muffin!)

    >> Sarah

    > ROFL!! Glad you're enjoying it. How'd you do them in muffin tins?
    > Sounds like an interesting idea.
    > --
    > -Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 7/8/05 WeBeJammin'!

    Well, you remember that the first go went wrong when I used only one UK cake
    mix? I just used one again, with half a pint of cream, and that was enough
    for a 6 muffin tin. They turned out great, just the right size for one
    portion. They didn't need wuite as long in the oven but the custard was
    still great :)
    Sarah