Stock up on '03 XT...

bomba wrote:
> ...'04 XT is coming and it looks like a pile of shite:
> http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1035

Maybe it's time to stop feeding the giant and start looking at compeditors products. I've only done
the parking lot test but they just seemed awkward. Not that they can't be gotten used to but I
remember the rapid fire being instantly comfortable.

Rich <[email protected]> wrote:
> bomba wrote:
> > ...'04 XT is coming and it looks like a pile of shite:
> > http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1035
>
> Maybe it's time to stop feeding the giant and start looking at compeditors products. I've only
> done the parking lot test but they just seemed awkward. Not that they can't be gotten used to but
> I remember the rapid fire being instantly comfortable.

I predict that the arrival in a few weeks of the SRAM trigger could usher in a new order. Hopefully
SRAM will be well stocked and prepared to help out the XT refugees.
--
Tom "grips is fer holdin' onto, brake levers is fer brakin'" Purvis Salida, CO

> ...'04 XT is coming and it looks like a pile of shite:
> http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1035
>
> --
> a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
>
> a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Got half my '03 kit here now, hopefully the rest will come soon. if them SRAM triggers are good and
light, I might be switching over to X.0 at some point. Gotta give the XTR a good try first though.

Jon Bond you know, from my SPONSOR, shimano.... ;) hehe, sorry, couldn't resist!

> Got half my '03 kit here now, hopefully the rest will come soon. if them SRAM triggers are
> good and light, I might be switching over to X.0 at some point. Gotta give the XTR a good try
> first though.

Because of those.... SPONSORS!

So... tell us about your sponsors... I've only heard a smidgin.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Got half my '03 kit here now, hopefully the rest will come soon. if
them
> > SRAM triggers are good and light, I might be switching over to X.0 at
some
> > point. Gotta give the XTR a good try first though.
>
> Because of those.... SPONSORS!
>
> So... tell us about your sponsors... I've only heard a smidgin.
>
> --
> Phil, Squid-in-Training

I would, but I'm trying to find a tire sponsor right now ;)

Jon Bond

Tom Purvis wrote:
> Rich <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>bomba wrote:
>>
>>>...'04 XT is coming and it looks like a pile of shite:
>>>http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1035
>>
>>Maybe it's time to stop feeding the giant and start looking at compeditors products. I've only
>>done the parking lot test but they just seemed awkward. Not that they can't be gotten used to but
>>I remember the rapid fire being instantly comfortable.
>

> I predict that the arrival in a few weeks of the SRAM trigger could usher in a new order.
> Hopefully SRAM will be well stocked and prepared to help out the XT refugees.
> --
> Tom "grips is fer holdin' onto, brake levers is fer brakin'" Purvis Salida, CO

My XT's pods are slowly dying, I'm hoping they'll last until the srams are out and a few people have
tested them for me:)

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> ...'04 XT is coming and it looks like a pile of shite:
> http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1035

To be fair, the few individuals I've talked to who have the new shifters from XTR say they like them
and haven't had problems. I still don't like the fact that the sifters are integrated with the
brakes (break one, buy both) or that fact that its ramming disc brakes down your throat.

I could see this coming as soon as I saw them intro the new XTR stuff last summer at Mount Snow. It
will still take a year or two before its real hard to find the current XT stuff.