Stock up on '03 XT...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bomba, Jun 16, 2003.

  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    bomba wrote:
    > ...'04 XT is coming and it looks like a pile of shite:
    > http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1035

    Maybe it's time to stop feeding the giant and start looking at compeditors products. I've only done
    the parking lot test but they just seemed awkward. Not that they can't be gotten used to but I
    remember the rapid fire being instantly comfortable.

  2. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

  3. Tom Purvis

    Tom Purvis Guest

    Rich <[email protected]> wrote:
    > bomba wrote:
    > > ...'04 XT is coming and it looks like a pile of shite:
    > > http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1035
    >
    > Maybe it's time to stop feeding the giant and start looking at compeditors products. I've only
    > done the parking lot test but they just seemed awkward. Not that they can't be gotten used to but
    > I remember the rapid fire being instantly comfortable.

    I predict that the arrival in a few weeks of the SRAM trigger could usher in a new order. Hopefully
    SRAM will be well stocked and prepared to help out the XT refugees.
    --
    Tom "grips is fer holdin' onto, brake levers is fer brakin'" Purvis Salida, CO

  4. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    > ...'04 XT is coming and it looks like a pile of shite:
    > http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1035
    >
    > --
    > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
    >
    > a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

    Got half my '03 kit here now, hopefully the rest will come soon. if them SRAM triggers are good and
    light, I might be switching over to X.0 at some point. Gotta give the XTR a good try first though.

    Jon Bond you know, from my SPONSOR, shimano.... ;) hehe, sorry, couldn't resist!

  5. > Got half my '03 kit here now, hopefully the rest will come soon. if them SRAM triggers are
    > good and light, I might be switching over to X.0 at some point. Gotta give the XTR a good try
    > first though.

    Because of those.... SPONSORS!

    So... tell us about your sponsors... I've only heard a smidgin.

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  6. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Got half my '03 kit here now, hopefully the rest will come soon. if
    them
    > > SRAM triggers are good and light, I might be switching over to X.0 at
    some
    > > point. Gotta give the XTR a good try first though.
    >
    > Because of those.... SPONSORS!
    >
    > So... tell us about your sponsors... I've only heard a smidgin.
    >
    > --
    > Phil, Squid-in-Training

    I would, but I'm trying to find a tire sponsor right now ;)

    Jon Bond

  7. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

  8. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Tom Purvis wrote:
    > Rich <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>bomba wrote:
    >>
    >>>...'04 XT is coming and it looks like a pile of shite:
    >>>http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1035
    >>
    >>Maybe it's time to stop feeding the giant and start looking at compeditors products. I've only
    >>done the parking lot test but they just seemed awkward. Not that they can't be gotten used to but
    >>I remember the rapid fire being instantly comfortable.
    >

    > I predict that the arrival in a few weeks of the SRAM trigger could usher in a new order.
    > Hopefully SRAM will be well stocked and prepared to help out the XT refugees.
    > --
    > Tom "grips is fer holdin' onto, brake levers is fer brakin'" Purvis Salida, CO

    My XT's pods are slowly dying, I'm hoping they'll last until the srams are out and a few people have
    tested them for me:)

  9. Tom Walker

    Tom Walker Guest

    bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > ...'04 XT is coming and it looks like a pile of shite:
    > http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1035

    To be fair, the few individuals I've talked to who have the new shifters from XTR say they like them
    and haven't had problems. I still don't like the fact that the sifters are integrated with the
    brakes (break one, buy both) or that fact that its ramming disc brakes down your throat.

    I could see this coming as soon as I saw them intro the new XTR stuff last summer at Mount Snow. It
    will still take a year or two before its real hard to find the current XT stuff.