Stolen Bike

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by B A R R Y B U R, May 1, 2003.

  1. Stolen in Connecticut:

    Brand New 2003 Trek Liquid 10, 17.5" (Med), Silver. Box stock.

    Possibly to be sold, not ridden.

    Confidential tips to: bike @ bburke . com <please remove the spaces>

    Thanks! Barry

    Tags:

  2. Barry Burke Jr. says:

    >Brand New 2003 Trek Liquid 10, 17.5" (Med), Silver. Box stock.

    Are there _any_ identifying features at all, or is it strictly "box stock"? No pink bottle cages,
    distinctive Mojo, whatever ?

    I'll keep my eyes peeled in RI for ya.

    Steve

  3. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > Barry Burke Jr. says:
    >
    > >Brand New 2003 Trek Liquid 10, 17.5" (Med), Silver. Box stock.
    >
    > Are there _any_ identifying features at all, or is it strictly "box stock"? No pink bottle cages,
    > distinctive Mojo, whatever ?
    >
    > I'll keep my eyes peeled in RI for ya.
    >
    > Steve

    This is why i like to write down the frame serial number, or better yet, take a picture of it (a
    picture is more verifiable insurance-wise than just saying you have a bike frame with that number on
    it). or better yet, take a picture of the entire bike.

    ~Travis
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

    travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer

  4. Stephen Baker wrote:

    > Barry Burke Jr. says:
    >
    > >Brand New 2003 Trek Liquid 10, 17.5" (Med), Silver. Box stock.
    >
    > Are there _any_ identifying features at all, or is it strictly "box stock"? No pink bottle cages,
    > distinctive Mojo, whatever ?
    >
    > I'll keep my eyes peeled in RI for ya.
    >
    > Steve

    BRAND NEW.

    How's that for distinctive. <G>

    Barry

  5. Technician wrote:

    > > Barry Burke Jr. says:
    > >
    > > >Brand New 2003 Trek Liquid 10, 17.5" (Med), Silver. Box stock.
    > >
    > > Are there _any_ identifying features at all, or is it strictly "box stock"? No pink bottle
    > > cages, distinctive Mojo, whatever ?
    > >
    > > I'll keep my eyes peeled in RI for ya.
    > >
    > > Steve
    > >

    > This is why i like to write down the frame serial number, or better yet, take a picture of it (a
    > picture is more verifiable insurance-wise than just saying you have a bike frame with that number
    > on it). or better yet, take a picture of the entire bike.
    >
    > ~Travis
    > --
    > travis57 at megalink dot net
    >
    > travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer
    > (current project: Automotive exhaust flame-thrower)

    I have the s/n and a bill of lading from Trek. See somebody selling one? Tell me, I'll go
    check it out.

    It's BRAND NEW, and it wasn't mine. I'm trying to help someone out.

    Barry

  6. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    On Thu, 01 May 2003 13:19:40 -0700, B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

    > Stolen in Connecticut:
    >
    > Brand New 2003 Trek Liquid 10, 17.5" (Med), Silver. Box stock.
    >
    > Possibly to be sold, not ridden.
    >
    > Confidential tips to: bike @ bburke . com <please remove the spaces>
    >
    > Thanks! Barry

    Fargin bastages!

    gabrielle

  7. Josh

    Josh Guest

    "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Stolen in Connecticut:
    >
    > Brand New 2003 Trek Liquid 10, 17.5" (Med), Silver. Box stock.
    >
    > Possibly to be sold, not ridden.
    >
    > Confidential tips to: bike @ bburke . com <please remove the spaces>
    >
    > Thanks! Barry

    Where in Connecticut?

  8. Tk

    Tk Guest

    > > Stolen in Connecticut: Brand New 2003 Trek Liquid 10, 17.5" (Med), Silver. Box stock.
    > Fargin bastages! gabrielle

    My grandmother stole my bike once, ONCE.

  9. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    tk wrote:

    > My grandmother stole my bike once, ONCE.

    I thought ONCE just sponsored teams...

  10. Josh wrote:

    > "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Stolen in Connecticut:
    > >
    > > Brand New 2003 Trek Liquid 10, 17.5" (Med), Silver. Box stock.
    > >
    > > Possibly to be sold, not ridden.
    > >
    > > Confidential tips to: bike @ bburke . com <please remove the spaces>
    > >
    > > Thanks! Barry
    >
    > Where in Connecticut?

    Central CT.

    Thanks! Barry

  11. Garmonboezia

    Garmonboezia Guest

    "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Stolen in Connecticut:
    >
    > Brand New 2003 Trek Liquid 10, 17.5" (Med), Silver. Box stock.
    >
    > Possibly to be sold, not ridden.
    >
    > Confidential tips to: bike @ bburke . com <please remove the spaces>
    >
    > Thanks! Barry

    You are of course hitting all the LBS also, in case the dilhole tries to move it locally? Pawn
    shops too.

  12. garmonboezia wrote:

    > "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > Stolen in Connecticut:
    > >
    > > Brand New 2003 Trek Liquid 10, 17.5" (Med), Silver. Box stock.
    > >
    > > Possibly to be sold, not ridden.
    > >
    > > Confidential tips to: bike @ bburke . com <please remove the spaces>
    > >
    > > Thanks! Barry
    >
    > You are of course hitting all the LBS also, in case the dilhole tries to move it locally? Pawn
    > shops too.

    Yup!

    Thanks, Barry

  13. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    http://www.nationalbikeregistry.com/ Shot in the dark, but.... /s

  14. supabonbon wrote:

    > "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Stolen in Connecticut:
    > >
    > > Brand New 2003 Trek Liquid 10, 17.5" (Med), Silver. Box stock.
    > >
    > > Possibly to be sold, not ridden.
    > >
    > > Confidential tips to: bike @ bburke . com <please remove the spaces>
    > >
    > > Thanks! Barry
    >
    > http://www.nationalbikeregistry.com/ Shot in the dark, but.... /s

    The bike wasn't sold yet. It was stolen off the floor of a shop.

    Barry

  15. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > supabonbon wrote:
    > >
    > > "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Stolen in Connecticut:
    > > >
    > > > Brand New 2003 Trek Liquid 10, 17.5" (Med), Silver. Box stock.
    > > >
    > > > Possibly to be sold, not ridden.
    > > >
    > > > Confidential tips to: bike @ bburke . com <please remove the spaces>
    > > >
    > > > Thanks! Barry
    > >
    > > http://www.nationalbikeregistry.com/ Shot in the dark, but.... /s
    >

    > The bike wasn't sold yet. It was stolen off the floor of a shop.
    >
    > Barry

    Gotcha. But they should have the serial number, right? I think you can track through the serial on
    the site. Like I said, I doubt it would work, but it's something to try. /s

  16. Garmonboezia

    Garmonboezia Guest

    "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > garmonboezia wrote:
    >>
    >> "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com> wrote in
    >> news:[email protected]:
    >>
    >> > Stolen in Connecticut:
    >> >
    >> > Brand New 2003 Trek Liquid 10, 17.5" (Med), Silver. Box stock.
    >> >
    >> > Possibly to be sold, not ridden.
    >> >
    >> > Confidential tips to: bike @ bburke . com <please remove the
    spaces>

    >> > Thanks! Barry
    >>
    >> You are of course hitting all the LBS also, in case the dilhole tries
    >> move it locally? Pawn shops too.
    >

    > Yup!
    >
    > Thanks, Barry

    Best of luck with your search. I know how it feels.

  17. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Where in Ct ?

    Fire up MTB 03