Stolen Fold Rush from Easy Racers

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bentnut, Sep 26, 2003.

  1. Bentnut

    Bentnut Guest

    Bike stolen from in front of Hectors Bakery (across the street from Easy Racers) at approx 1:45pm
    9/25/03. It is a prototype polished aluminum Fold Rush with a tinted Super Zziper. I went inside to
    get a burrito, as I have for the last two years, went inside, ordered my food, came out less than 2
    minutes later to check on my bike (unlocked) and it was gone!!! I scoured the neighborhood in my car
    to no avail. There is a school for "troubled kids" right next door and I am pretty sure one of them
    took it. Their school gets out at 1:30, 15 minutes before my bike was stolen, and I saw them hanging
    around as I went into Hectors. The sad part is I doubt this bike will ever really be ridden,
    probably just tossed into the woods or under a bridge... bastards!!! If anyone comes across this
    bike, please let us know, there is a substantial reward.

    Easy Racers 831-722-9797

    Tags:

  2. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    I won't mention anything about 'An ounce of Prevention..."

    Sounds like you knew all the risks in advance.

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Bike stolen from in front of Hectors Bakery (across the street from Easy Racers) at approx 1:45pm
    > 9/25/03. It is a prototype polished aluminum Fold Rush with a tinted Super Zziper. I went inside
    > to get a burrito, as I have for the last two years, went inside, ordered my food, came out less
    > than 2 minutes later to check on my bike (unlocked) and it was gone!!! I scoured the neighborhood
    > in my car to no avail. There is a school for "troubled kids" right next door and I am pretty sure
    > one of them took it. Their school gets out at 1:30, 15 minutes before my bike was stolen, and I
    > saw them hanging around as I went into Hectors. The sad part is I doubt this bike will ever really
    > be ridden, probably just tossed into the woods or under a bridge... bastards!!! If anyone comes
    > across this bike, please let us know, there is a substantial reward.
    >
    > Easy Racers 831-722-9797

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. Harv

    Harv Guest

    Or even a couple of pounds of Kryptonite lock. Hope your insurance covers this. "Cletus Lee"
    > I won't mention anything about 'An ounce of Prevention..."
    >
    > Sounds like you knew all the risks in advance.
    >

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected]
    > says...
    > > Bike stolen from in front of Hectors Bakery (across the street from Easy Racers) at approx
    > > 1:45pm 9/25/03. It is a prototype polished aluminum
    Fold
    > > Rush with a tinted Super Zziper. I went inside to get a burrito, as I
    have
    > > for the last two years, went inside, ordered my food, came out less than
    2
    > > minutes later to check on my bike (unlocked) and it was gone!!! I
    scoured
    > > the neighborhood in my car to no avail. There is a school for "troubled kids" right next door
    > > and I am pretty sure one of them took it. Their
    school
    > > gets out at 1:30, 15 minutes before my bike was stolen, and I saw them hanging around as I went
    > > into Hectors. The sad part is I doubt this bike will ever really be ridden, probably just tossed
    > > into the woods or under
    > > bridge... bastards!!! If anyone comes across this bike, please let us
    know,
    > > there is a substantial reward.
    > >
    > > Easy Racers 831-722-9797

    > - Bellaire, TX USA -

  4. Bentnut

    Bentnut Guest

    Yes, I am a certified idiot : (

    "Cletus Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I won't mention anything about 'An ounce of Prevention..."
    >
    > Sounds like you knew all the risks in advance.
    >

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected]
    > says...
    > > Bike stolen from in front of Hectors Bakery (across the street from Easy Racers) at approx
    > > 1:45pm 9/25/03. It is a prototype polished aluminum
    Fold
    > > Rush with a tinted Super Zziper. I went inside to get a burrito, as I
    have
    > > for the last two years, went inside, ordered my food, came out less than
    2
    > > minutes later to check on my bike (unlocked) and it was gone!!! I
    scoured
    > > the neighborhood in my car to no avail. There is a school for "troubled kids" right next door
    > > and I am pretty sure one of them took it. Their
    school
    > > gets out at 1:30, 15 minutes before my bike was stolen, and I saw them hanging around as I went
    > > into Hectors. The sad part is I doubt this bike will ever really be ridden, probably just tossed
    > > into the woods or under
    > > bridge... bastards!!! If anyone comes across this bike, please let us
    know,
    > > there is a substantial reward.
    > >
    > > Easy Racers 831-722-9797

    > - Bellaire, TX USA -

  5. Mortdubois

    Mortdubois Guest

    "bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Bike stolen from in front of Hectors Bakery (across the street from Easy Racers) at approx 1:45pm
    > 9/25/03. It is a prototype polished aluminum Fold Rush with a tinted Super Zziper. I went inside
    > to get a burrito, as I have for the last two years, went inside, ordered my food, came out less
    > than 2 minutes later to check on my bike (unlocked) and it was gone!!! I scoured the neighborhood
    > in my car to no avail. There is a school for "troubled kids" right next door and I am pretty sure
    > one of them took it. Their school gets out at 1:30, 15 minutes before my bike was stolen, and I
    > saw them hanging around as I went into Hectors. The sad part is I doubt this bike will ever really
    > be ridden, probably just tossed into the woods or under a bridge... bastards!!! If anyone comes
    > across this bike, please let us know, there is a substantial reward.
    >
    > Easy Racers 831-722-9797

    My Gold Rush was stolen off my porch (also unlocked - duh!) by teenagers. I put up posters with a
    picture of myself on the bike all around the neighborhood, and offered a $300 reward, no questions
    asked. Kid called me 2 weeks later, said he found the bike in the bushes, took the cash, I got my
    bike back. If your bike was taken by kids for a test ride it has almost certainly been dumped, as
    the bike will be too difficult and conspicuous for them to use. Try the posters at the local
    corner stores (or convenience stores if you don't have corner stores) and be patient. You might
    well get it back.

  6. Evsolutions

    Evsolutions Guest

    I used to have that same coverage via Allstate but after WTC 9-11 Allstate dropped the max they'd
    pay out to a whopping $250.00. It showed up in the really fine print of my tenant policy.
    "GEBUH" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > if you have homeowners insurance you're covered for it. gebuh

  7. Evsolutions

    Evsolutions Guest

    Gabriel, I hope she is returned to you soon and unharmed.

    news:[email protected]...