STOLEN from SF Fin District: 1993 Coors Light Ti Serotta

scott

Guest
Friends,

My 1993-era Coors Light team issue Serotta Ti Colorado was stolen
today (6/2/2004) from the Financial District in San Francisco. The
bike is very distinctive. It is painted in yellow and blue team colors
and has the sponsor decals all over it for Serotta, Coors Light,
Campagnolo, Wheelsmith, etc. Size is 57 seat, 58.5 top. As of today it
was equipped with Shimano parts.

The bike has extreme sentimental value to me. Though I would love to
catch and pummel the thief (yes, with a 2x4, to hell with the
consequences), I will take it back no questions asked.

Do me a favor and keep an eye out for it. You never know where it
might show up. This email is spammed out, but I can be found in the
white pages for Mill Valley, CA.

Thanks
Scott McKinley

The guy loses his ride, asks for help, and you dumb ass ****ers give the guy
a hard time, what a bunch of lame people.

"scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Friends,
>
> My 1993-era Coors Light team issue Serotta Ti Colorado was stolen
> today (6/2/2004) from the Financial District in San Francisco. The
> bike is very distinctive. It is painted in yellow and blue team colors
> and has the sponsor decals all over it for Serotta, Coors Light,
> Campagnolo, Wheelsmith, etc. Size is 57 seat, 58.5 top. As of today it
> was equipped with Shimano parts.
>
> The bike has extreme sentimental value to me. Though I would love to
> catch and pummel the thief (yes, with a 2x4, to hell with the
> consequences), I will take it back no questions asked.
>
> Do me a favor and keep an eye out for it. You never know where it
> might show up. This email is spammed out, but I can be found in the
> white pages for Mill Valley, CA.
>
> Thanks
> Scott McKinley

Huh? I see no replies other than yours in this thread on RBM.

"David White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Huh? I see no replies other than yours in this thread on RBM.

I'm guessing the RBR guys were flaming him... They like to do that.

just getting into a little track racing, and I'm looking for a decent used
track bike in the 60-61cm range. if you've got something you'd like to
sell, lemme know.

chris
[email protected]

In article <p94wc.15649$aM1.5435@fed1read02>, SDMike
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "David White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Huh? I see no replies other than yours in this thread on RBM.
> >

> I'm guessing the RBR guys were flaming him... They like to do that.

Not even that. Just one guy who suggested trying to buy a replacement
on eBay (wrong size bike) who doesn't know who Scott is and then
somebody getting on the would-be-helper for suggesting the bike on
eBay. RBR SOP.

-WG

[email protected] (scott) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Friends,
>
> My 1993-era Coors Light team issue Serotta Ti Colorado was stolen
> today (6/2/2004) from the Financial District in San Francisco. The
> bike is very distinctive. It is painted in yellow and blue team colors
> and has the sponsor decals all over it for Serotta, Coors Light,
> Campagnolo, Wheelsmith, etc. Size is 57 seat, 58.5 top. As of today it
> was equipped with Shimano parts.
>
> The bike has extreme sentimental value to me. Though I would love to
> catch and pummel the thief (yes, with a 2x4, to hell with the
> consequences), I will take it back no questions asked.
>
> Do me a favor and keep an eye out for it. You never know where it
> might show up. This email is spammed out, but I can be found in the
> white pages for Mill Valley, CA.
>
> Thanks

Sorry to hear about your bike, living in the mission as I do I
probably have a good chance of seeing it. My experience has been that
bikes sometimes show up on the street being ridden after about 1 month
of being stolen. The guys who stole your bike were most likely drug
addicts rather than members of a statewide network of bicycle theives.
People sell bikes quickly at the open fencing markets at 7th and
market and at 20th and mission. My wife had her Lemond stolen and she
saw somebody riding it a month later in the haight and the guy just
gave it to her rather than explain to the cops how he bought stolen
property. If I find your bike I expect a leadout or 2 in some masters
crits, just kidding, I'll keep an eye out and repost this to my
teammates on Thirstybear cycling who live in SF,

[email protected] (John Lorenz PenVelo) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Sorry to hear about your bike, living in the mission as I do I
> probably have a good chance of seeing it. My experience has been that
> bikes sometimes show up on the street being ridden after about 1 month
> of being stolen. The guys who stole your bike were most likely drug
> addicts rather than members of a statewide network of bicycle theives.
> People sell bikes quickly at the open fencing markets at 7th and
> market and at 20th and mission. My wife had her Lemond stolen and she
> saw somebody riding it a month later in the haight and the guy just
> gave it to her rather than explain to the cops how he bought stolen
> property. If I find your bike I expect a leadout or 2 in some masters
> crits, just kidding, I'll keep an eye out and repost this to my
> teammates on Thirstybear cycling who live in SF,

A leadout to get my bike back? Done. I'll make you feel like Petacchi
with 150m to go. It's your job to feel like him at 1m to go...

thanks

In article <[email protected]>, scott
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] (John Lorenz PenVelo) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> > Sorry to hear about your bike, living in the mission as I do I
> > probably have a good chance of seeing it. My experience has been that
> > bikes sometimes show up on the street being ridden after about 1 month
> > of being stolen. The guys who stole your bike were most likely drug
> > addicts rather than members of a statewide network of bicycle theives.
> > People sell bikes quickly at the open fencing markets at 7th and
> > market and at 20th and mission. My wife had her Lemond stolen and she
> > saw somebody riding it a month later in the haight and the guy just
> > gave it to her rather than explain to the cops how he bought stolen
> > property. If I find your bike I expect a leadout or 2 in some masters
> > crits, just kidding, I'll keep an eye out and repost this to my
> > teammates on Thirstybear cycling who live in SF,

> A leadout to get my bike back? Done. I'll make you feel like Petacchi
> with 150m to go. It's your job to feel like him at 1m to go...

With Scott as the leadout I think John might feel more like Cipo doing
an uphill sprint.

-WG