Stolen Kona Kula Deluxe (Perth)

Leon

Oct 31, 2002
Hi There

Somebody stole my MTB on 12/5/2005 at 11:40 am. :mad: The bike was a Kona Kula deluxe pretty standard although I have changed the saddle. It has XT components and a Fox fork.

The bike was stolen from the bicycle storage area in Central Park on St Georges Terrace. The thief was caught on surveilance video. A tall slender caucasian male with light hair.

I know this is a long shot but there cannot be many of these bikes in Australia. Let me know if you see it :rolleyes:

Would appreciate some advice on bike security in Perth.

Leon

Leon said:
Hi There

Somebody stole my MTB on 12/5/2005 at 11:40 am. :mad: The bike was a Kona Kula deluxe pretty standard although I have changed the saddle. It has XT components and a Fox fork.

The bike was stolen from the bicycle storage area in Central Park on St Georges Terrace. The thief was caught on surveilance video. A tall slender caucasian male with light hair.

I know this is a long shot but there cannot be many of these bikes in Australia. Let me know if you see it :rolleyes:

Would appreciate some advice on bike security in Perth.

Leon
Leon,

I'll keep an eye out for it, but it may be parts by now. What colour and size was it?

SteveA

SteveA said:
Leon,

I'll keep an eye out for it, but it may be parts by now. What colour and size was it?

SteveA

Thanks for your support

Picture uploaded

jur said:
For the record, how was it secured when it happened?

It was secured with a cable lock (10mm) to a bicycle rack in the car park (BASEMENT) of Central Park on St Georges Terrace. The area is under 24 hour camera surveilance. I have footage of the whole thing taking place. The thief cut the lock with a smallish bolt cutter. It took less than 1 minute from when he arrived untill he left.

He arrived on a bicycle which is currently with the police.

It looks like those cable locks are not worth much!

Leon

I wouldnt lock up a flying pigeon with a cable lock, get a decent d-lock i guess.

till

Perth readers, 2 bikes stolen today (31/10), in Gosnells. :mad:

Merida Road 240 Kidz, black and red, 160mm cranks and 650c wheels, 2005 model.

Giant Sedona Grey and silver XS ladies frame 2005 model, Maxis slicks, Sugino triple 160 crankset, Cateye Australe 8 computer, Giant seat bag.

Floor pump with gauge.

PM me if any info and I will pass on to the owner.

gclark8 said:
Perth readers, 2 bikes stolen today (31/10), in Gosnells. :mad:

Merida Road 240 Kidz, black and red, 160mm cranks and 650c wheels, 2005 model.

Giant Sedona Grey and silver XS ladies frame 2005 model, Maxis slicks, Sugino triple 160 crankset, Cateye Australe 8 computer, Giant seat bag.

Floor pump with gauge.

PM me if any info and I will pass on to the owner.
Check train stations,cashies,ect, and look arround to see if they werent just dumped.
A couple of years ago a bike of mine was stolen, i took the serial number to the cop shop then a few weeks later i was reunited with the bike, a low life tried to sell her at cashies